Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: They were fantastic and surreal, yet inviting to live in, inspiring and fun  (Read 3531 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I go to my parents' house (in real life they sold it years ago and moved to a small condo). My dad has renovated the top floor to be more comfortable for my mom. There are rooms and bedrooms with lots of tables for her to spread out and put her collectable item on them (dolls, teddy bears). It is sunny, nice, functional.

And the floor below (ground floor) has also been altered by him (I wonder in the dream: did he design it or have someone else design it and he made the decisions on colors and materials?). It is so extraordinary and creative, much more unique than the top floor renovation. It is like no set or design or building or room I have ever seen - the colors, textures, details. Like fancy desert icing on a wall, sculptural and colored of teal and magenta and dark blue with dark oak and it is extraordinary and it visually works. Or beautiful slightly miniature furniture in a green bedroom where the day light from the window and the interior light were perfect and the smaller scale so nice for a person of my short height. Or an aqua kitchen with retro appliances that felt clean and crisp, fun like a retro diner, everything so creative and it blew my mind. And an old fashioned laundry room with tools and messages (like scavenger hunt clues) hidden in baskets. A tower that looked exactly like St Basil's cathedral tower (in Red Square, Russia) was on top of the house - I could see it through a sky light. I tried to capture every room and image in my brain so I wouldn't forget-they were fantastic and surreal, yet inviting to live in, inspiring and fun. I kept thinking in the dream that "no Hollywood set designer has created a world like this," and I'm very impressed with set designers in real life. Words I wrote when I woke up to describe the images "Eclectic and so very creative. Singular, unique, impressive, well done, bold, a real statement."

Background info about myself, the dreamer:
I'm 46, female, mother of a young teen girl, happily separated for 4 years but I lack momentum to get a divorce and feel a bit stuck in life as to the next chapter, have started meditating and feel I've gone through some sort of spiritual awakening after meeting someone who woke me up, but we are no longer in contact and it is ok. I've worked in fields as a documentary filmmaker, a researcher, in academics and the arts, but am creatively blocked now.

My father in real life is 85, lives with my mom age 85, is a retired lawyer who longed to be an architect but went into law because a guidance counselor said it was a more reliable career. He is of Russian decent. My mom is always collecting things - dolls, doll houses, books, records, toys, thus needing tables and space to spread out her collections.

Background info on my dreams: I have recurring dreams of houses/buildings. Some dreams where I discover whole rooms and wings of the house I never knew existed (last night I dreamed it was raining lightly and beautifully in the new rooms because the ceiling must have been leaking but the rain caught the sunlight and looked beautiful like golden dust and felt like a divine mist, and the window of the new rooms opened to new neighbors and their kids came up to my open window and asked for beanie baby toys and I said I'd look around the old toys in the old furniture hutches to try to find them some and had them write down their names on a napkin so I wouldn't forget their names). Other house dreams where I need to rebuild the house because the floors got warped during a flood, or the floors are now slanted because the land shifted, or an open house need a guard rail built on the second floor, or an asian/bamboo tower-house tumbles down like a deck of cards floor by floor while I'm inside and I land gently on a cushioned ornate Asian or church bench. Or I'm building the top of a pyramid with others and the man who helped me awaken in real life stops by to give me a going away present of a ship in a bottle, and I had no idea I was leaving or going on a journey and it makes me happy, confused, and a bit sad. But of all my house/building dreams (there are many more than this), this one I wrote about in detail had the most fantastic and lush interior/architectural visuals of any dream I have ever had.

Nan B

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Nan – Well, you are on the way to get all your life lined up for a big change. But such changes mean leaving your old ways of living and especially seeing behind. And that means a new view is forming and in process, so leaves you somewhat lost as far as clarity, focus, directions and motivation are concerned. Spiritual awakenings don’t come cheap and so demand things from you – namely letting go of past ambitions and plans. For you have opened to the force of growth in you and being a natural force it is trying to form a new part of you that has lain unexpressed, but like any real part of you is already formed. We might not see the great tree in its seed, or even in its youth, but for humans there is also a form that wishes to me expressed. Don’t worry; it is all you that you have held back.

The dream where I discover whole rooms and wings of the house I never knew existed. Exactly – you are starting to live and make real whole new parts of you – wonderful. But it would help if you open up these dreams, for dreams hold things no computer, however amazing, can yet do what your mind does in creating a dream. It produces a living being such as a dream character that can have a conversation with you, and in doing so draw spontaneously from huge areas of your experience or memories. Behind the image lies enormous data, emotional response and created patterns of behaviour. So the main thing to remember is that you are in a full surround databank of fantastic information. You can tap this information just as you would with any person, by asking questions and prodding for a response. But, even the trees and animals in your dreams are also enormous reservoirs of information, linking back perhaps infinitely with your potential and experience – so try using https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

A dream is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously experienced before, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point.

But the source of the dream, which is a process of Life, is intelligent in its own way, and will take part in any attempt to communicate. So exploring your dreams by entering into their imagery and attempting to understand them will be a two way process. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from the dead come from a very different environment, so we put it in images and ideas we understand. As an example I was recently asked by a man who had given no thought to dreams how on earth you could extract any meaning from them. He was wearing a fairly old T-shirt, so I said, “OK, let’s imagine you dreamt of your T-shirt, what would you make of that?”

After a while he said, “I don’t know that I would make anything of it.”

My response was to say, “Right, but now tell me where you bought the T-shirt, and what memories it has for you.” Whereupon he told me very full memories of being in the US, and that the shirt was part of those memories, but he wasn’t prepared to say what the memories were as they were so personal.

The important point is that everything we see and deal with, every person, every imagined scene, has such a background of feelings and perhaps memories. It is exactly this background of feelings and information that the dream weaves its story from. To understand it you need to become aware of the usually unconscious feeling responses you have in connection with every thing, place, person and animal you fill your dreams with.

Your dream depicts you as someone who is extraordinary and creative, with amazing ability to imagine and create the new. So it is important to realise that every image, beautiful or scary terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep. This means that every image or person is created out of your own experience and must not be seen as outside you as happens in waking awareness. So every thing your dream portrayed is YOU. Because you have the talent to be inspiring and fun. You think in the dream that, "no Hollywood set designer has created a world like this." No, but you did in your dream.

Tony