Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Following on...  (Read 8071 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Following on...
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
Hi Tony
This clearly follows on from recent dreams, although it wasn't a dream in the sense that I wasn't asleep. I was relaxing/meditating (find it hard to distinguish states these days - suffice it that I was in a state of stilling the conscious mind) when suddenly, in the shadows of my mind's images, a door opened with great power - with the sense and sound of a pressure-sealed door. In the open door stood a tall, slim, young man with dark hair and black rimmed glasses, he was standing side on (I don't think he could see me but I could recognise him if we met) and holding a small, pale dog. The view through the door was bright and light.
The experience was so powerful that my conscious mind kicked in and I came back to this reality/dimension.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:34:56 PM by Midlander »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Following on...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »

Silly old you. As I said to Les recently, "Every so often a spontaneous action would happen - but then I would grab hold of it- so to speak - and try to make it happen and improve it. It was the kiss of death."

So what do you make of what you saw?

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
I have no idea - it seemed to be a message of something; a glimpse of a reality I'm unaware of.........

Gateways and doorways are big: a few years ago, whilst meditating, I heard a voice say 'The Gateway is open'. Subsequent experience has led me to believe that that gateway is in me. One of my favourite, spiritual, thin places has a Church on it; I have not gone into the Church very often because it's the place that is significant but a year ago I went inside again and as I turned to leave, I looked up and over the chancel arch are the words, 'This is none but the house of God; this is the gateway to heaven'. I laughed out loud.

Of course, the quote comes from Genesis where Jacob wrestles with an angel.

That passage has been following me around recently. Perhaps the man I saw is an angel. Or perhaps not.

Uh oh :o ::) - just realised as I typed that: he's holding a dog!! Tobit!!

My personal angel - the one I call to...............yep! Raphael!! I wonder........wouldn't that be cool?!

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
A knowledgeable friend has suggested a link with Kabbalah - the profiled head of a man representing God. One side out of view because we humans are not capable of seeing it. The dog - symbol of fidelity - showing all creatures are capable of acceptance and also of giving fidelity.
The image challenges our concepts of God - a young man with glasses........
I think this also ties in with Raphael as 'The Healing of God' thereby being interchangeable.

God with specs........so tempting to use that famous catchphrase.....

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
I am very suspicious of any ready made answers to a persons dream images. It isn't that I am saying your friends ideas are wrong, but it doesn't usually work like that. In exploring thousands of my own dreams - not interpreting them - I have not found any of my images have such meanings. And if it is about God, what the hell is God except a word - unless of course you explore the image to find out what it is as a living and meaningful part of your dream and life.

That is where I myself stumbled as I began to look at dreams and words we use so often - like spirit, soul, god. I had to get behind the dream image to actually explore. Also, dreams are very much like the way we use language - context is important. So if someone dreamt of a blue dress we could not give it the same meaning as a man with a blue face.

It has sometimes taken me six months to gain a living insight into dream image. So it takes work to really progress. What I do in trying to give an idea of someones dream is to honour as much as possible the context - and most dreams I cannot understand. I have to pray and ask for help, and it takes me often an hour for each dream.

But even that is not what my main thrust is. If anyone really seems to keep trying to understand their dreams I keep pointing them back to exploring their own dreams. After all I am not earning anything by spending and hour on a dream.

But I do get a great deal from seeing someone grasp hold of a principle I have given a life time of effort exploring and trying to present. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/i-dont-believe-in-god-i-know-god/

Tony
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:39:10 AM by Tony Crisp »

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »
Thanks Tony - but to be fair to my friend I *asked* him for his take on this and as it wasn't a dream but something that happened during medidation, I think it was slightly different. My friend's response was to bring to the table what occurred to him after taking a couple of days to ponder the image/happening. He by no means suggested it as an 'answer'. His contribution/reflection on the happening and images within it were useful to add to my own experience of it and thoughts about what it might mean.

The truth is, I still don't know what it 'means' but that it was significant - possibly only to me but that's the real point. An opportunity to see through a door/gate/portal into a deeper/other consciousness or dimension and to meet *someone* there  but the full implications are yet to arrive for me. What I do still clearly re-experience is that I was being 'shown' something - or rather someone - behind that door.

Beyond that, I have no idea. Perhaps it was an image of 'God' but then in a real sense we all 'are' God - spirit is one, not divided, even if it might keep it's sense of identity whilst being united. Who knows!?! And yes, I agree: the point is about knowing God rather than believing - this is one I too have been talking about for a while - and hoping to encourage people to explore. Belief tends to lead to rules and rules tend to bind people. The root of the word 'religion' may well come from 'religare - to bind' ........although it may not, I conceed.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »
Sorry I get on my high horse.

But even so what I still feel whether asleep of awake it deals with the mind, and I see it over and over in people's dreams - the lack of information about how the mind works. It has levels of experience that start in the body, and gradually work their way up into self awareness. And our 'self' is so small a part of us and also little understood - and usually we believe rational thought is the highest attainment - and therefore we have attempts to interpret what are really deeply irrational experiences.

It is something that even so called experts do not understand - a gestalt put together with all the pieces.

I know, I can't help it - going on. But I get so frustrated - even by my efforts to explain people' dreams. And - thanks for putting up with me.  :D :D :D

Tony
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:51:45 PM by Tony Crisp »

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 02:18:08 PM »
Thanks Tony - I think with this one, I need to keep letting it process. Sometimes I think I have a sort of psychological blind spot in that I don't 'get' something until I'm 'ready' for it. It'll arrive - and it will probably try to arrive in a different format, I suspect, until I understand the significance more fully.....bit by bit.