Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It takes 30min to 1hr to completely let go of the dream and get up from the bed  (Read 3370 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Sir - In the hope getting a dream interpreted 🙂

A few nights ago, I had a dream where I couldn't see anything. Everything was black. And I had a strange feeling of my heart being in the right side of my chest. Then someone stabbed me in the right side of the chest with two long polished wooden sticks. I tried to see who it was but everything was dark. I could feel every inch of the sticks going through my chest and could also hear a low grinding sound as the sticks went through me. Few moments later, I started questioning myself why am I getting stabbed in the right side when my heart's in the left and I was somewhat back to the reality.

I could feel the pain for a few minutes even after completely waking up. But the feeling of the sticks slowly going into my chest and the sound it made didn't fade away, so I kept lying in the same spot of the bed for the rest of night with my eyes, teeth and fists tightly clenched.

[Not related to the dream I described above, but I would be grateful if you could help me with this too.

Sir, on the days when I am not dreaming, when I wake up, I am able to directly get up from the bed (physically).

But when I wake up or am being woken up after/while dreaming, even when I'm back to reality, I can't get my body to move. It takes 30min to 1hr to completely let go of the dream and get up from the bed. And there have been multiple instances where the real world happenings are exactly/somewhat similar to the dreams I've had just before waking up.]

I will be highly obliged if you could help me with the above mentioned cases.

Thank You.
Claire 🙂
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:33:30 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Claire – In life we live a dual life – as in male and female – light and dark – sleeping and waking – pain and pleasure and so on. But I am mostly referring to waking life and sleeping life, for they are totally different and are – to understand your dream and paralysis – very important.

It is a fact that voluntary movements are inhibited during periods of the dream process. All brain signals to the voluntary muscles are stopped. Therefore if we become slightly awake and attempt to move at that time we feel paralysed. This is not sensed as a problem if we are unconsciously involved in a dream. While dreaming another level of will takes control of the body, so any sounds or movements made are not from ones conscious will.

While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep. This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will and in fact runs all our important life processes like heart beat, digestion and also dreams.

The action of Life Will is always in spontaneous movement and it works even in our waking hours, for it is the life process that keeps us alive, as in our breathing working spontaneously night and day, our digestive organs, and in vomiting and sneezing. While awake we use our voluntary muscles to move us around, but these are paralysed in dreaming because our conscious will can get in the way of the important life saving adjustments Life in us make when we sleep. Technically it is called ‘homeostasis’ but I tend to call it ‘self regulation’ – SR for short. If the self-regulatory processes of your being ceased its action you would be dead in a very short time. Even a brisk walk causes such enormous changes in the body it would kill you without the action of self-regulation. The production of lactic acid, unchecked, would destroy the system. Also the drop in blood sugar, unless balanced by the release of glucose from the storage in tissues and liver, would result in collapse. But people like Carl Jung and Wilhelm Reich found that SR is not only active in the body but also in the mind.

We can interfere with that life saving process because often we are  scared or even terrified of experiencing things that might be necessary to keep us balanced. An example of this is in the following:

I am in a very dark, bleak house, with a young boy. It is night outside and the house is isolated. A dark, shadowy, Thing, is trying to get into the house. I am terrified of it, and I am holding the young boy behind me protectively while I try to keep the door closed with my foot, as the Thing batters at it. – James H.

The interference in this case is that most people block the action of SR by repressing the feelings involved. But James explored his dream by imagining opening the door and meeting the Thing. When he did this, feelings from childhood arose – the young boy. He felt the fear of the German bombs he had experienced in his youth. He realised that this hidden – shadowy – fear had kept him from taking risks in life. In meeting the Thing he was now free of that fear. Most of the shadowy creatures of our dreams are expressions of similar fears or hurts, and if met, can be just as transformative.

So SR in dreams and waking, if we repress instead of expressing their content, can lead to great imbalance in ones life, bringing about neurosis, depression, being lost in emotional pain and other afflictions.

So, your dream was actually introducing you to the dark, which our culture associates with evil or monsters that emerge from the dark but is actually the first step to finding your life beyond fear. Because whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen, so that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so, all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. In the early days of moving pictures, a film was shown of a train coming fast toward them; the viewers all fled in terror, fearing the train would crush them. That is exactly the same response if you are terrified of any thing you dream of. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/masters-of-nightmares/

The sticks going through your chest may be from watching Buffy the vampire killer – or any such images, for the dream process uses any images to try to show you what you are facing in yourself – i.e. the things you are sacred of in the unknown dark of your own mind. Your fear led you to, “I kept lying in the same spot of the bed for the rest of night with my eyes, teeth and fists tightly clenched.” In other words enormous tension and repression caused by fear, interference with SR.

The business of you not being able to move for up to an hour after waking I see as caused by getting stuck in between the dream state and waking. The dream state has not been able to make the necessary Life Will adjustments needed and is stuck. The way beyond it is to, as Carl Jung advises those who are stuck in a bad place to, “Do nothing but let things happen.”

As an everyday example of this - "Once I went hunting in a wood. I walked and walked, looking and searching for the creatures there, but saw nothing. Tired, I sat by a tree eating sandwiches, stood quite still, and gave up my searching. Within a few minutes, what had seemed like a dead wood began to come alive. Birds flew to trees and settled, or moved here and there. Squirrels appeared in the branches and on the ground, and all was moving with life."

So, with ourselves and others. We have to stand back and be still for a while to see really what is going on.

It may be difficult to learn because our conscious personality wants to be in control even of the Life Will – so try using https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:07:50 AM by Tony Crisp »