Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to open my eye lids to see  (Read 2990 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Trying to open my eye lids to see
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
Dear Tony,

Hope you are well. You helped me 5 years ago with some intense dreams. Thank you again.

I have had 3 very epic dreams where I cannot open my eyes. I am either out shopping, buying something or out in local shops or local area.

I'm trying to open my eye lids to see, but just getting glimpses of my surroundings. The last dream was very upsetting as I was trying to get someone in a restaurant help me to call someone to help me. It went on for some time. I was vulnerable and ended up floating above the ground to avoid danger.

I'd be truly grateful if you have any thoughts on these dreams of fighting to open my eyes.

Many thanks and best wishes, Sally

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Trying to open my eye lids to see
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
Sally – In dreams eyes represent your ability to see. Obviously you were ‘looking’ for something shopping. But your dream is saying that you have not opened your eyes. When someone says to you, “Open your eyes!” It usually means you are being asked to really take time to see or realise something important that you have or are missing realising. So you dream is almost shouting this at you. So do not keep your eyes/mind closed to what is right in front of you.

But there is more, for in calling for help to see yourself floated above the ground to avoid danger. That is a classic way in dreams of refusing to face what you confront and so float away to avoid it.

Floating can be an experience of your awareness expanding beyond the usual boundaries of your beliefs or of their physical senses. Also it often happens in flying dreams or in lucid dreaming. It suggests not being practical or grounded, feeling light headed or ‘floating’ away into your fantasies. Descent may show coming ‘down to earth’.

So ask yourself or your dreams, “What am I avoiding seeing or meeting in my life?

Tony

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:09:48 PM by Tony Crisp »