Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pumpkins and black painted window..  (Read 4365 times)

MiaD

• View Profile
Pumpkins and black painted window..
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
My dream:

I'm at a supermarket with a friend of mine, I buy a candlestick (that looks as if its made out of gingerbread) and most important: eggs, 29 to be exact, the number of eggs is very important. Why? I don't know..
On the top of the cardboardbox is the number 6 painted in black.
Then i went to a house that looked like a mixture of old and new, but mostly quite modern.
Its a big house, white walls, large windows, but its black paint around each and everyone of  them and small pumpkins lay on the windowsill..
My mother was standing on my left side telling me i could not keep them cause they were not good for me. It made me sad.
At the same time I didn't understand what she was doing there, I moved away 17yrs ago..
But she said it was OK to keep them until halloween.
Then I place myself in a chair with a blanket in my knee, and I thought to myself, so this is were I'm going to live.. I wanted to get back to my real house but at the same time I knew I could never go back there..
What does this mean??
The pumpkins, the eggs, the black windows??

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Pumpkins and black painted window..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
MiaD – The opening scene is about finding something, a change. It has deep significance for you connected with the number 29. Numbers usually have very personal associations but it may point to your age, or passage of that number of years. Also what associations do you have with eggs? Do they remind you of food, or fertility, or the wonder of life emerging?

The house is the place you will live in, a place or life situation that has a link with death or the unknown of some sort. But it is not a depressing situation – its walls are all white.

Your mother isn’t a visit from the dead, but a reminder of her caring attitudes which you now express as a dream image of her. That is why she tells you not to keep the pumpkins – after Halloween. Halloween is also a link with death and the underworld or unconscious. But her warning is not anything bad – so it may be a suggestion of letting go of feelings connected with the unconscious or what you have associated with Halloween. It is a season when leaves fall, so maybe letting go of things that served you in the past.

That you wanted to go back to an old way of life brings us back to the opening suggestion – change. Your dream suggests you will not be able to go back to the way you felt then, so loss is shown again. The blanket is a promise of warmth and even intimacy. You are moving to a new life, so be patient with yourself.

Tony

MiaD

• View Profile
Re: Pumpkins and black painted window..
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »
Thank you Tony, It all starts to make sense now..
I'm on my way to changes in my life. I'm thinking of moving, to start something new just me and my son..
And at the same time I want things to go back to the way they were, went everything was good.
But now I know from your answer, Its gonna be alright..

I also would like to thank you for a great website  :)