Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Killed My Baby  (Read 2999 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I Killed My Baby
« on: October 18, 2020, 10:07:59 AM »
I had a dream last night, it was the most horrific thing! I killed my baby in my dream! I am so terrified of the
Dream, I love my baby sooo much, and there is nothing I won’t do for him.
The day he was born was the beginning of my life, and I can’t understand why I
Would dream such a thing!!!! Please help me understand?!?!

Tessa

ElizVanZee

• View Profile
Re: I Killed My Baby
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »
A baby in a dream usually represents a new idea you have, one that can relate to a pet project you could really love. Killing the baby would imply terminating or eliminating this new idea or project. The horror of doing this is greatly emphasized when the new idea or project is seen in the form of your own baby. As you love your baby very much, the dream can also be suggesting that you are not thinking realistically when terminating a  pet project - because you would never kill your baby in real life.

A baby can also represent a new idea or concept you have about someone - someone you could feel a need to look after. Many women think of their husband as their baby. Could you be unknowingly "killing" your husband, that is, giving him emotional devastation - because all your attention has gone towards the real baby?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I Killed My Baby
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:00:15 AM »
Your love and care for your child can trigger your mothering instincts with a vengeance. Being female and a mother holds with it an enormously increased anxiety about children. You see all manner of things that might be a threat, and I believe that is what such dreams show. Your imagination for such dangers is enormously increased. This is natural in all mammals, and acts as a warning making you aware. It helps to check whether your child or children are okay, and if they are, say to the part of you that is worried, “It’s okay, I checked, but thanks for keeping me on my toes, you can relax now.” 

R.D. Laing, who from his life history was himself a victim of ‘parents’ wrote, “From the moment of birth, ‘the baby is subjected to these forces of violence, called love, as its mother and father have been, and their parents and their parents before them. These forces are mainly concerned with destroying most of its potentialities. This enterprise is on the whole successful.’

Laing theorised that insanity could be understood as a reaction to the divided self. Instead of arising as a purely medical disease, schizophrenia was thus the result of wrestling with two identities: the identity defined for us by our families and our authentic identity, as we experience ourselves to be. When the two are fundamentally different, it triggers an internal fracturing of the self.”

So the baby that died may be yourself at that age. Try imagining holding the 'dead' baby (nothing in dreams can die and stay dead) so hold it with love and with an open heart and see what you feel.