Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Terrified of spiders  (Read 2954 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Terrified of spiders
« on: October 07, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
Dear Tony,

I am twenty, married, and terrified of spiders. I dream I am in bed and a spider falls on me and crawls under the sheets. I see it clearly and leap out of bed screaming. My husband tries to calm me, but sometimes I punch him. I nearly broke his nose one night. I am only seven stone, but in my sleep I am a fighter. Can you help me? - Mary G. Essex

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Terrified of spiders
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »
Mary - Dreams are sometimes the place tensions and emotions are released that we do not allow  expression during the day. This is healthy, but obviously not for your husband! The quickest way to deal with your spider is to imagine yourself daily getting closer to it until you can touch it. It is important not to repress any feelings or emotions that this produces. In this way you transform the emotions that create the dreams.

Tony

See Getting at Your Dreams Meaning - https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/dreams-practical-techniques-for-understanding-them/#Getting
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:00:32 AM by Tony Crisp »

ElizVanZee

• View Profile
Re: Terrified of spiders
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
The dream shows a situation in which you can rest very at ease (in bed) but also one in which you are unaware of something. Here what you may be unaware of is that something has befallen you, come to happen by chance. (spider falls on me)

As the spider is an animal, it represents an aspect of your own emotional nature - one that associates with a feeling of self delusion. Most women especially fear spiders because as emotional beings, we need to feel we can trust our feelings. The thought that we might be fooling or kidding ourselves is horrible.

As the spider crawls under the sheets. it strongly suggest that the subject area in which you may feel that you are deluding yourself  pertains to sex. [Could you be thinking you are fooling yourself when thinking your husband is faithful to you?] Because the spider does "fall" on you, it would indicate that there is a failing in the feeling that you might be deluding yourself.

Your mind (represented by your husband) tries to calm your fear of fooling yourself but your fear is so strong that you even fight against reason. Almost breaking your husband's nose implies almost "breaking with" - getting away from - what your mind knows. (the nose - knows) There is a warning in this dream to the effect that your very strong fear of deluding yourself can eventually do damage to what your husband now "knows" to be in his nature. A feeling strongly held becomes a belief and a belief does manisfest itself; it becomes a physical reality.