Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 2574 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Sleep Paralysis
« on: January 07, 2021, 09:14:00 AM »
I woke up around 1:30am with a strange form of sleep paralysis.  Instead of it feeling like someone was near my bed I was in the middle of surgery surrounded by nurses and doctors.  Of course as sleep paralysis goes I couldnt move or speak.  A couple of details I remember is something being inserted into my nether regions and also there was a sensation of fluid coming out of my ears.  They do bother me this time of year. 

I did accompany my son to a dentist appointment recently. He's only 5.  Before going to bed the show "botched" about plastic surgery was on.  Thought it was worth documenting. Been over 3 years since I last posted on the site. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 09:42:12 AM »
Hi Aristocrates - Good to see you here again.

You wake to find you are surrounded by doctors and nurses, obviously making big changes in you and your body.

But do you realise that from conception on there is a natural process working in you that continuously changes  you day by day. The physical body is permanently under process of change. Its keynote is impermanence, and between its birth and its passing away stretch a continuous process of change. Each of us is immersed in a ‘river’ of constant change. If you think about it you have been carried, pushed, impelled by this current as you were moved through babyhood, childhood, teenage and adulthood, and there are more stages of growth beyond adulthood. And as we passed through these changes we died to our old self in order to change to the new. It is the current of Life. This current then carries us on through old age and through the gates of death. All the time we are faced by decisions, and each decision directs us on a different path, helping to create our future.

This process is not simply automatic growth and it is known as self-regulation. If the self-regulatory processes of your being ceased its action you would be dead in a very short time. Even a brisk walk causes such enormous changes in the body it would kill you without the action of self-regulation. The production of lactic acid, unchecked, would destroy the system. Also the drop in blood sugar, unless balanced by the release of glucose from the storage in tissues and liver, would result in collapse.

The level after level of safety factors built into our system are nothing short of incredible. For adequate functioning our blood pressure needs to be at about 110 to 120 (i.e. it displaces 110 millimetres of mercury). It can drop to 70-80 before a critical situation arises in which tissue may die because blood is not reaching it. If we lose a lot of blood, even as much as 30 or 40 percent, the self-regulatory process maintains adequate blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels. This action is controlled by a part of the brain. If that brain area is injured or destroyed, other centres take control. If they are eliminated, ganglia in the sympathetic nervous system direct the action. If they too are eliminated the walls of the arteries and veins themselves regulate their own activity.

Such functions are usually listed under the heading ‘homeostasis’. The word means to ‘keep level or balanced during change’.

So my impression of your dream is that you have not kept up with the process of change that is constantly at work in you. So you are paralysed, as you are every time you dream, to make important and healing changes in you. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/sleep-paralysis/

The dream was a way of making you aware of what was taking place in your depths and maybe pointing out that you got out of touch with your inner life. See https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/https-dreamhawk-com-inner-life-inner-world-makesinner/

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »
Thank you Tony