Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The big question.  (Read 3632 times)

mikey

• View Profile
The big question.
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:48:21 AM »
Who am I,
A question that has been around for a long time,
I dreampt the other night,
A  guide takes me to see a dead body on a mortuary table,I realise it is my body,
My guide tells me that I will be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks so I dont go off,then my funeral will take place & I will be buried.
I felt that the whole drama of life  seems empty & pointless if this is all there is,
I then feel a warmth rise up inside me,when it reaches my head I start to laugh ,
My guide asks why on earth are you laughing,i reply,if that is me ,pointing to my dead body,then who am I pointing to my conscious self in the dream,my guide bursts out laughing as well.
We walk out & down the road together laughing & singing.
Started out grim,ended in joy.
My own waking reflection on this dream,
Something is stirring.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: The big question.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:52:32 PM »
https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-rebirth-or-resurrection/

The Great Cycles of Life

The cycle of death and rebirth happen mostly to people passing from adult maturity to old age. It connects with physical and psychological changes to do with altered relationship with life and society, and with ones own body and self image. The cycle may appear in young people however, if they face death, physically or in a deeply psychological way. In ageing ones relationship with children or procreation alters. Whereas they were at one time consuming and motivating drives, they are no longer sustaining or motivating. Work and ones relationship with society may also undergo a similar change. The identity one gained from having a place in society, and connections with other people through being a mother or in ones work, falls away. The personality, the attitudes, the hopes and ambitions built from the many years of life as a procreative, creative person meshed into society, dies through the lack of a relationship with the world that sustains it. This ‘death’ may be very painful, creating a great and sometimes crushing sense of pointlessness, of having no value in the world, of having nothing to live for. In some cases these feelings are triggered by the onset of menopause in women, or impotence in men – but also for men the absence of a sexual life or family life, or simply the process of ageing.

One man described it as, “The feeling of being paralysed, or being unable to move. It is not so much a physical impediment, but a sense of having no motivation, no ability to want anything, no drive to reach out.”

Fears may arise as to what is happening. Such fears are based on concepts we hold regarding ageing or death. The loss of identification with oneself as a procreative and higly motivated person may seem to be a sign of emerging incapability or even senility. The fear then sets up a conflict with the process of psychic growth.

A woman who had worked as a nurse, describes her experience of this as, “‘The feelings I have about dying, about losing my drive to live, link with ideas of being incapable as one is in hospital. Those are feelings or ideas I connect with it. Those images have made it – or are making it – hard to meet.”

However, such a felt death is only a precursor to the experience of resurrection, and this leads toward a new relationship with oneself and the world. The attitudes and way of life that was necessary as a procreative, work oriented individual whose self image was largely based on family background, physical looks, sexual potency, ability to get the goods of the world or gain power, steadily shifts. It moves toward a sense of self that is centred more on what there is on ones existence that is more timeless and less ravaged by change than the body, the emotions, ones intellectual concepts and the social scene.

Have I Lost Everything?

The change that takes place in this experience of an inwardly felt death, may at times feel like losing everything, shedding the past, becoming completely insecure. It usually leads to the realisation in ones life of parts of oneself that were never lived before, or never allowed expression before. There is not in the end a loss of anything, only a gaining that requires one to let go of the dominance of what was previously important. From this arises a feeling of wholeness and connection with the world and self in a new way. In her book about the individuation process, Jolande Jacobi says, ‘…. transformation is an integral component of the individuation process, which in turn follows a line of development whose goal is psychic-totality.’

Hi Mikey  :)

What I see on a very practical level in your dream is that you get a kind of "preview" of what it will feel like when you remove your inner blocks by allowing part of you to die psychologically;
I then feel a warmth rise up inside me,when it reaches my head I start to laugh.

https://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4964.msg12172#msg12172
I can only hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes,to get through the yucky tunnel I need to be able to hold my breath for 3mins. so in the dream I am reluctant & anxious.
This part may reflect the moment of death that is part of the process of rebirth.

I trust that this last dream where you are guided through the experience of death and rebirth can help you release your fear for this part of your process!!
See also https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Anna
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:55:00 PM by - anna - »

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:51:11 AM »
Hi Anna,
Once again your insight is remarkable,
I am at that age,nearing retirement,so a big change is coming,amidst extraordinary times,in a troubled world,
I am sure with your knowledge & experience you will understand when I say,this dream has left me feeling a lot lighter,as if
a rock has been taken out of my back pack.
I have been lucky enough to experience something greater than myself,despite this a lot of clearing out of the old has & is still taking place,I know I must endeavour to do it joyfully.
Ongoing !
Regards mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:13:12 AM »

Mikey  :) It is good to hear about the good things happening to you; I am happy for you!

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:25:24 AM »

Hi Mikey  :)

After having posted how I see your dream, I wanted to add something that I experience as helpful,
but then I was not able to post anymore; instead I was led to a webpage that said;
A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.
Your access to this service has been limited (HTTP response code 403)
If you think you have been blocked in error, contact the owner of this site for assistance.

Ant then, when I was able to post again the next day, I forgot about what I would like to share with you too. Sooooo........

What I have learned is that "Intention is EVERYTHING" and I use dream experiences where certain feelings are involved
(for instance "I then feel a warmth rise up inside me,when it reaches my head I start to laugh.") as a way to set an intention that is anchored in a bodily experience too, rather than "only" in the mind.
By re-experiencing this feeling regularly (for instance by going back into the dream) I create a kind of pathway of "where I want to go" on an earthly level as well.

Anna

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 10:50:59 AM »
Hi Anna,
It's quite amazing you mentioned pathways,about 3 mths ago,I dreamed, I sat up in bed 3am,the door opened there was sat a beautiful wolf,just looking at me,the other night,same thing,only this time she was sat next to my bed,just looking at me again,(she's getting closer,)
But this time she planted some words in my head,I remember shouting out,pathfinder of course you are,!
It doesn't need interpreting,I mention this only because I think it is connected,
I live in the UK,no wolves here,but I am honoured she came,these sorts of dream images seem to waken something deeper,
no doubt a representation of the anima figure as Jung would put it,but in a more earthy primordial form.
According to some native American tribes,the wolf is called a pathfinder,as hunters would follow wolf tracks to hopefully find the game etc.
I can honestly say that yes I need to find my path,,it seems that something is trying to guide me to mine,
,cant wait.
Thank you once again for all your hard work.
Rgds mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »

Mikey  :)

I appreciate your enthusiamus for your inner journey!

A wonderful series of dreams you share about your inner wolf and yes, I think so too that everything is connected in a way.
I am not sure though if we are talking about the same when we use the worth "path" as a symbol.
In my experience there is a difference in finding a path and creating a path.

"Finding a path" I perceive as looking in the outside world to find a for me new way/method/approach. It is a path that is laid out by others though and I will use the "take the best and leave the rest" approach, so that it is adjusted in such a way that it will work for me.

"Creating a path" is taking place in my inner world only by communicating with my unconscious mind in a "direct feeling way" as described in my last post.

Anna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 03:03:05 PM »
You have both been busy. I will add only a small thing. Here are some peoples experience of realising you are more than your brain and body.

Another person says, ‘Unexpectedly everything changed and my fundamental self was something that existed throughout all time. It didn’t have a beginning or end. There was no goal to achieve. I am.’

Slightly different but still the same enlightenment. ‘Everything seemed to slip away and I felt as if I melted back into the primal being of the universe. It didn’t seem as if my ego was gone, just melted into everything else. It was blissful.’

"In a few words, I got to the point where I realised that the answer I was looking for was myself. So why was there any need to make an effort to find oneself? The more one sought an answer, the less likely one was to find one. All effort dropped away and I existed in a simple state of being, of clear existence, for hours. My ego seemed to melt, yet it was still there, it hadn’t been destroyed or overcome, or denied. It had simply dropped like effort from the limbs when we sleep.

In this state I had a wonderful sense that I had been let into the Garden of Eden again. Everybody was always in the Garden but they cannot see it because they have lost their innocence. They have covered up their perception of it with too many thoughts, opinions, struggles, attitudes, fears, dreams and hopes. I could see that we play thoughts and attitudes like records, and these were not ourselves. I knew myself as the empty awareness of existence. It was heaven, it was peace, it was beyond any effort.

At one point I suddenly realised the meaning of the Cheshire Cat in Alice In Wonderland. I was touching the radiance, the self existent gentle joy of existence, and my ego was not there. It had melted, disappeared. And this was what I saw had happened to the Cheshire Cat. All that was left was the smile, hanging in emptiness. That was how I felt, like a smile hanging in space.

The most moving thing was that what I had found was completely unlike what I had expected. I had thought that it would be like a breakthrough; a terrific heightened awareness; a transcendent lift into another way of being, a losing oneself in a wider world, even a drunkenness of spirit that allows a freedom from the limitations of our usual emotions. It wasn’t at all like any of those. What happened was the simple, the everyday experience of existing, of being, without any trappings. This was so simple and beautiful I wept. I wept to see we all had it, and it was so near at hand. It was not at all a long way off. It was not something that we had to earn or fight to achieve. It was with us all the time and we failed to see it because we were looking for something complicated."