Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unpleasant dream  (Read 2518 times)

Mernel

• View Profile
Unpleasant dream
« on: January 21, 2021, 12:10:26 AM »
Hi Tony Happy New year. I had a dream that there was a cat and cat was fine with me but then later, I tried to play with the cat and I touched its nose in a playful way, kind of flicking it. The next thing it launched onto my forearm and began biting and scratching it. Then I was else where, something was happening to do with my sister and as some sort of present to her, I cut off my own hand my right hand and cooked it in a frying pan I woke up at this point but then went back to sleep and went back to the dream I looked at the hand in the frying pan and wondered if it was necessary and if I could put it back on. In my waking Life I have returned home from living abroad and have had a few clashes with my sister since returning.

Mernel

• View Profile
Re: Unpleasant dream
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 03:40:13 AM »
Any thoughts Tony?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Unpleasant dream
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:27:09 PM »
Hi Mernel - The cat is often a symbol of yourself as a woman. You reached with your hand, a sign you were extending good will to someone. But your attempt was met with things that hurt your feelings of attempting to be friends.

Cooking is a way we transform ‘inedible’ or ‘unpalatable’ aspects of our life. So you cut off your attempts to be a friend and tried to make your actions 'palatable'.

It seems like you want to make things okay, but that might not be possible. You can turn the other cheek of course, but that does not mean you are literally hit again and again, I think it means you do not have to carry bad feelings with you and that you can be yourself - maybe your loving self? That is sometimes a very powerful thing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:05:15 PM by Tony Crisp »