Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Party Wasn't On Yet  (Read 2752 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
The Party Wasn't On Yet
« on: April 15, 2021, 12:19:30 PM »

I dreamt this dream 2 weeks after a story finished with a guy:

I receive a WhatsApp message from this guy inviting me to his best friend's birthday party. I was surprised since I thought that he just didn't want to show up there alone since all his friends have girlfriends. So I went to this place, it was like a big storage room and the party hadn't started yet. 

Eti

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Party Wasn't On Yet
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
Eti - Does a party mean for you a celebration or possibility of a social relationship and how you deal with it; a sexual or business opportunity, or even a desire for recognition or warmth?

Dreams can make sense when you realise that it is your own personal feelings that are dealt with in dreams. If you look https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/getting-at-your-dreams-meaning/ it shows exactly how this works.

The guy inviting you suggests so many possibilities. Obviously it meant something that caught your emotions for it to appear in your dream. I am guessing it was a hunger in you for a male that might be a complimentary partner.

But your dream has a different view for you enter a large storage room - did you have any feelings about that space? It suggests possibilities for space can mean you could do anything in it, but your expectations were not fulfilled because the party was not even started. The dream - your wider awareness - suggests it was not a good direction or hope.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 10:01:13 AM »
Hi Tony,

Yes, exactly. The encounter with this man left me very disappointed since I had different expectations. I almost feel tricked.

I always thought messages are telepathic exchanges between individuals, seems I was wrong.

Can't wait to see the interpretation of this dream.

Thank you! - Eti

Over a month after things ended with this man:

I was in the Marriott hotel with him in a room and we were flirting, being silly and something tells me also intimate even though the scene was not about that. We both were looking out the window and heavy rain started, we saw pupils running away from the rain. I asked him why they don't buy rain coats.

Later on I see us walking around with a very good friend of mine (in real life, but they don't know each other) and the guy showed me the Marriott Spa. I thought maybe he wants us to go there together. Abruptly I see him riding away with his bike. My friend told me that he had to leave since he was scared his bike would get stolen and that he would be back. I was thinking to myself that he would text me in the evening. My friend also told me that he had an interesting question for her: If she had ever met any of my ex boyfriends. That seemed to show that he felt more for me.

This is an interesting dream because the first part is sort of remembering what happened (us being flirty, him leaving and i haven't heard from him since).

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »
Eti- The word telepathy was thought up because at that time they had no real sense of how it could happen. Unfortunately it is still use as is out of body experiences.

Once the awareness is independent of the body, as in sleep, the boundaries of time and space as they are known in the body do not exist. One can easily pass through walls, fly, travel to or immediately be in a far distant place, witnessing what may be, or appears to be, physically real there. We lived through a period where we saw only our physical structure which will be wiped out at death. Now science has seen that we are each fundamentally quantum – energy – and from this view they cannot find death. Ancient people saw the same thing and gave different words to describe it.

Jung and others see individual human consciousness like an island in a huge ocean in which there are countless other islands. Above the surface of the water, which is like individual waking self-awareness; in that state there is a sense of separate existence, with definite boundaries where the shore meets the sea. Beneath the surface however, one island is connected to all other islands. The land stretches away under the waves and rises here and there into other islands. So, it is thought, personal awareness, beneath our everyday consciousness, shades off into a connection with a collective unconscious we all share. Through this connection we may be able to arrive at insights into other people otherwise denied to us.

Your dream - When you stay in a hotel you temporarily transfer your feelings about territory to the room you hire. But you know it is only temporary, and so dream hotels often link with a situation you are in that will not last long, or that you are moving through. This may be in connection with work or relationships, or even the way you feel, depending on what else is in the dream. It seems you have deep in you the desire to find a companion, but the dream put the drama in a temporary relationship.

Looking out of a window and seeing rain, you are looking at the world outside you and the ran can mean you can experience strong emotions. In fact you wonder why people do not buy raincoats, which in dreams represent the attitudes we use to deal with difficult emotions or events. You dream suggests you see this applying to other people not you; a simple psychological way to prevent us from seeing the truth about ourselves.

Whether we remember or not, each time we sleep we create an apparently real world out of our remembered impressions, habits and emotions. As the stage managers of our inner theatres, we have the most abundant props, costumes and backdrops imaginable. Yet, because a dream is our own creation, no part of it, no emotion contained in it, no flight of fancy portrayed, is other than oneself. Even when we dream vividly of another person, such as the man in our life, the dream personality is made up of our own impressions, memories of them, hopes and feelings. Most people are often totally unaware of the experience they take in and how it interacts with them when we live with someone.

So your dreams are a magic mirror that reflects nothing but your own beliefs, worries, fears, wisdom and even genius. To do this it creates characters, situations and drama that are all  reflections of your own inner world. All the images and drama, along with the emotions you feel are simply you looking at yourself. Most of it we do not recognise because we are so blind to our failings and of course our wonder.

Your friend shows you the man riding away - what do you think that suggests. Well the first part of the dream suggests it is a temporary thing. So ask for a dream showing how you can  form a more permanent relationship.

To do this you could try Dream Incubation - https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-incubation/

Tony