Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming of dreading becoming a Pilot  (Read 2321 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Dreaming of dreading becoming a Pilot
« on: March 13, 2021, 11:31:41 AM »
I did back out of the Air Force but I wasn't going in to be a pilot.  There's also a younger coworker who is working on getting his pilot's license and various certifications.   Those are waking life experiences.  In the dream I'm in a computer lab with several people and I know I should be alone to take this pilot's exam and that all these people are going to be a distraction. I'm also asking myself why am I in the process of becoming a fighter pilot.  It's such a dangerous occupation and I've never been passionate about flying airplanes.  The dread begins to compound. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming of dreading becoming a Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »
Hi - You seem to forget that to make sense to our conscious self, dreams that arise from the process that developed millions of years ago in animals, had no modern language and uses images which we have associated ides with as symbols, not as a real thing.

So your dream is not about being a fighter pilot, but my guess is it is saying that you need to have the courage to face up to unexpected things to fight in yourself, not in the world as a pilot.

But you can experience it yourself by Being the Person or Thing - All the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So, it makes sense to take the image of your dream person, thing or animal back into you and own it. In that way, you are actually meeting and dealing with the things about yourself you are not owning or conscious of. That is why dreams are often difficult to understand, because we are hiding things from ourselves.

One of the most important things about actually understanding your dream rather that interpreting it is to become the dream person or object – to actually completely identify with it. This needs to be practiced as most people feel the dream person or object is something other than themselves and are often hesitant to become it. For instance the Devil in a dream is simply your own emotions and fears given an exterior image. Also a teacher or Mentor is in a dream the highest wisdom in us. In doing this you can step beyond the imagery of the dream into direct experience of yourself in all its variety and wonder.

So to do this the dreamer next chooses one of the characters, images or objects in the dream to explore. The character can be themselves as they appear in the dream, or any of the other people or things. It is important to realise that it does not matter if the character is someone known or not, or whether they are young or old. The character needs to be treated as an aspect of their dream, and not as  if they were the living person exterior to the dream. So do not attempt to describe them an outside person, but the dream character.

Tony