Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missed Shot - Frustration  (Read 2700 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Missed Shot - Frustration
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
Hello Tony, How are you? I Have noticed a recurring dream since 2018 i Have had 6 dreams of below theme. Any insight on I can come to insight would be wonderful Thank you: My dream: I cannot tee off (golf). I am standing on tee number 9 at a particular hole i am familiar with, my guy opponent hits his drive perfectly, even makes a bounce on a hill & pushes the ball another 100yds almost into the green! When its my turn there is always someone in my way which makes it impossible for me to hit. I move my ball & tee it up, but then my practice swing feels like an amateur as if i wont hit the ball? Again people who don't know about golf is in my way. By now I'm so frustrated!!! I'm aware that I'm taking too long!! (Fear of penalty?) I never got to hit the ball. Carina

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Missed Shot - Frustration
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »
Carina - Recurring dreams are produced because fundamental to our dream process is the life action of self regulation - the attempt to heal a problem.

One woman wrote to me that she dreamt the same dream from childhood. She was walking past railings in the town she lived in as a child. She always woke in dread and perspiration from this dream. At forty she told her sister about it. The response was, ‘Oh, that’s simple. Don’t you remember that when you were about four we were walking past those railings and we were set on by a bunch of boys. Then I said to them, ‘Don’t hurt us our mother’s dead!’ They left us alone, but you should have seen the look on your face.’ After realising the dread was connected with the threatened loss of her mother, the dream never recurred. 

So what is your dream trying to tell you? I believe it may be because 'someone is in your way is 'stopping you from expressing your power fully'. I don't have any brothers and sisters who often do this to you. but mothers and fathers can also stand in your way.

We tend to think and feel that it is only if we have been beaten and knocked about that we have huge life problems. Here is part of my discovering how wrong that is.

I had dreamt that my left bicep was damaged. The damage to the bicep, to the flesh was the whole area of my life that I was trying to save and heal, but which I needed to let go of, and wait for the new muscle tissue to grow. How does start again in ones 40's? Is it with patience to let the new tissues and strength grow?

My left arm is my support system, my confidence to do things in the world. I am right handed so do things with my right hand, but support everything with my left – hold the paper as I write; hold the nail as I bang it in with my right. So, the damage to the muscle was the injury to my supportive confidence which I saw as I explored the dream, that arose through my relationship with my father. As all this was felt I sobbed uncontrollably. I wept for the lost years, the wasted years of my youth. I was convulsed with the pain of not having been loved by my father. Tears fell from me for the failure of my life. I would never have believed one could feel so much pain about something missing in one's life. I had always thought to feel that much pain you would have needed to be beaten or abused in childhood. My father was kind, but he showed no warmth. And that was as bad as being beaten, perhaps worse. I had been severely beaten at school, but it hadn’t scarred me like this.

So who is the man in your way of really expressing yourself? Try using the methods explained in https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/peer-dream-work/

Tony

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:57:47 AM by Tony Crisp »