Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: female Hawk  (Read 22072 times)

stevec

• View Profile
female Hawk
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
In a wild dream experience right before I woke a Hawk flew through a window and sat on the arm of the chair I was sitting in. So it was right next to me and very friendly and talked to me. This Hawk had long brown hair along with fearhers. I don't remember what the hawk was saying per say but it was talking about herself to me - very friendly - nothing threatning - there were jewels about some of the feathers...then she raised some feathers on her breast like a flap opening and a vagina was there - very Georgia O'Keefe like - if you will. Colorful and as she spread out her wings I woke.

Stephen

Dakota

• View Profile
Re: female Hawk
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
What a fantastic dream. It is really quite wonderful. I wonder what you make of it so far. The representation of the female was beautiful. Is there a woman in your life now, or are you exploring new sides of yourself? Certainly the whole encounter seems very positive. I'd love to know what you make of it.

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:31:07 PM »
Thanks for your comment - very much
I am definitely exploring new sides of myself and there is no woman in a romantic sense in my life but in other areas yes there could be that element. I have had numerous dreams of animals talking to me, taking me into their world but this caught me by surprise indeed. I understand the beauty of the hawk symbolism and the vaginal as well but to put it all together is daunting so i sought out Tony who gave a great reading of a Horse dream I had a while back. I felt it very positive in relation to what I am trying to achieve on a spiritual level and a earth level as well -

Stephen

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »
Stephen, I am eager to see how Tony explores this dream as it is so wonderfully rich. All of us have masculine and feminine natures. Of course, the Feminine is incredibly creative and your Hawk has certainly reaffirmed the mystery and great beauty of that side of you. You can go back into your dream in a meditation and meet this beautiful creature again, thank her for sharing herself and ask her to tell you what she wants you to know.

I have a deep connection to animals and work with Animal Medicine and have lots of impressions to share from a different perspective. I feel that many of the magical animals/beings I encounter are gifts/guides/teachers that Creator has shared with me as I walk this path. You can see a little bit of the way I continue to work with them over time in the Dreamlodge posting under Healing Dreams.

It sounds as though you may have many friends in the Other World! Lucky man!

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »
Thanks Dakota -
As I was reading your post I had to go out on my balcony as there were Crows screaming and what do you know there was a Coopers Hawk flying around. The Crows were chasing the hawk off. Good timing I would say!!

I will look into the dream lodge - healing dreams for sure. Your words are inspiring and provoking.
Look up my horse dream posted under stevec in December I think and let me know what you think of that!
I felt this hawk was a guide for sure. I wish I could remember what she was saying but really the imagry was sufficient - yes?

S

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Hi Steve, I haven't looked up the horse dream yet, but will do that this morning. I would say Coyote was playing with you to send the Crows after your Hawk! That's Magic chasing your Dreams.....

Tony teaches a wonderful way to re-enter one's own dreams and get more information and clarity from it. It is posted on the Dreamhawk site: http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dialogue-with-a-dream-character-or-object/

I encourage you to read that and then experiment with the technique. It is hard for some at first, but if you work with it, you will have an enormous tool to be able to explore your dreams.

And perhaps you will never recover exactly what your jeweled hawk said in that dream, but she is sharing something I think you may uncover.

If you try the technique, let us know what happens. This doesn't only have to be done once, you can use this again and again. If you look at my dreamlodge post, in meditation I invite some of the Beings I encounter in my dreams to my Dreamlodge where they dwell and I can council with them. That is something else you could explore with this bird and some of your other animal encounters. Have you worked with Animal Medicine?

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »
Hi Steve, I can't find the Horse dream in the dream interpretation thread. Is it posted somewhere else? If you can find it, let me know. I would love to see it and T's interpretation.

I did see your butterfly dream and it was delightful. Do you regularly dream in color?

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
I just looked and found the Horse dream under my nane and posts - it is #6.
Yes I do dream mostly in color. Is that unusual?
If you know how I could send it to you I will...

S

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
I looked under "search" Horse by stevec - it was posted about one year ago and it popped up w/ Tony's comments.

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »
Hi Steve, I finally found the thread with the Horse dream. How wonderful. And I love how Tony explores your dream and sees so much in it. The dreams you have posted here seem to be populated with wonderful animals. Have you worked with that at all? Are you interested. You certainly show a wonderful affinity and it seems in your dream they are a ready vocabulary for you. How lucky you are.

I would love to hear what happens if you ever try the technique of re-entering a dream with the Hawk Queen Dream...

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Dakota,
I have not specifically worked with this but I read the link you provided and will have to study it more...the reentering of a dream -
I have many animal dreams and most often they speak to me.
I felt the Hawk was a guide.
I appreciate your interest and enjoy writing with you.

S
I hope Tony looks at the dream.....

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
I tried the re-entering technique and I think it will take some practice.
How long did it take you to achieve results?
Looks as if Tony skipped over the female hawk dream.

Thanks,
S

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »
Hi Steve,

Re-entering a dream to explore it is one of the main techniques Tony uses to get the depth of meaning from the dream. It does take practice, but don't fret over it. Simply practice going back in and picking a character or an object in the dream and enter the exploration from that point of view. If you meditate, it is something akin to that state...quieting the mind and setting your subconscious free to surface things. Tony has written more on the website about how to do this.

I have sent him a note asking him to look at your dream. If he doesn't get to it in a few days, you can post the dream again and I'll stay off the thread.

I love the relationship you seem to have with animals in your inner life. You might want to look at books by Ted Andrews, especially Animal Speak, or the Medicine Cards which is a book and card set by Jamie Sams and one of my teachers, David Carson. I think both have websites you can browse also.

Keep dreaming!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
Stephen – Sorry I missed your dream. I saw so many replies I thought I must have answered it.

I see your hawk as your eye in the sky, and what a flirt too. I think she is saying, “Come and get me.”

Obviously this is dealing with sexual feelings, or should I say sexual energy. For that energy expressed as sex is only one of its many ways of expressing. As this is a hawk, a hunter and can fly, I think it can be a way you can fly with that energy into different dimensions of experience. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/energy-sex-and-dreams/

But the flap where she shows you her vagina is a tremendous clue. It is saying that if you allow your sexual response and fly with it you can be led up and away.

Tony

stevec

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 04:23:30 PM »
Thanks Tony for the interpretation.
I did not feel anything sexual with this dream - it seemed more about birth or a new dimension. I know symbols do play tricks on us and are layered and the hawk is so very clever for sure. The image has really stayed with me - the vagina was painted and very colorful...could this have another meaning?
I will read the link again and ponder this.

Regards,

S