Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mourners at a wedding  (Read 6014 times)

Leswan

• View Profile
Mourners at a wedding
« on: October 10, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »
Last night, I dreamt that I was at the wedding of a young woman who had lost a sibling from murder a few years ago. Even though this was a happy occasion, everybody at the wedding carried with them a cloud of grief. I was counselling the bride's mother, telling her to put all her pain in an area of energy that I had created in the space between us, but instead of her crying, it was me that completely broke down.

Grief and sorrow beyond anything I've ever experienced just came pouring out of me as if it were my loss.

After the wedding there was a party and some of the deceased's male relatives sang the weirdest of songs. Like a male voice choir on acid! They were belting it out, putting all of their anger and grief into the song. They were so loud that it almost scared me! One of the men, who I had previously written off as being a bit base in his ways, sang particularly impressively.

The dream felt very very real - the characters were all very 3 dimensional. Nobody seemed aware of my presence other than the bride's mother.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Mourners at a wedding
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:19 AM »
Leswan – That is a real breakthrough dream. To break through in the dream state to that level of passionate feeling is an enormous step.

Also of course it was you who broke down because they were your feelings in your dream. We have a tendency to distance ourselves as being the one it is about. But if you can trace back where this might have started from – where was it in your life. It is also good to see if you can feel the feeling consciously and pinpoint what triggered it. Then to ask yourself what habits in your life that pain gave rise to as it is an important step.

Tony

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:07:23 PM »
Thanks Tony,

Some possible links and associations came to me today during meditation - along with some funny movements and strange sensations that I am now just allowing to play out.

The dream has already faded in terms of its emotional content. I'm trying to feel that grief that flowed through me, but I think it's been buried again... for now.

BTW, Mind and Movement is brilliant. The charcoal breathing meditation is amazing!

Matt

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
Matt – I am so pleased you tried the breathing meditation. But I realised that I have never written about the full meditation – nowhere. So I will try to give you a description as far as is possible.

When I first did the meditation I taught it in classes, and soon found that people got a lot of movement and pleasure from it. So I began to explore it further by myself and found it went into a sort of dance.

What I found as the inner warmth or fire developed it started to not only reach out to others with the energy that was released – I imagined my warmth reaching out to others, and then I open to receive energy and love from others. As this developed I noticed that the flow started to want to rise up and I allowed my hands and arms allow it.

Of course when the movements of opening, giving and receiving got into action, and the rising up, the next thing was it wanted to complete the cross. So it became the warmth in me awakening and reaching out to others. Then the rising upwards to go beyond me, and then the descent of what was received from above. The arms were now dancing upwards, downwards and sideways in a wonderful flowing movement. I felt I was lifting energy up from my roots to the heavens, and then from the heavens down to bless the earth – and of course spreading the wonder of it out and receiving back. And as this was happening my inner feelings soared and lifted, received and gave with it, and were stimulated by it.

I called it the dance of Agni.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:46:34 AM by Tony Crisp »