Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi I'm Rain!  (Read 8936 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Hi I'm Rain!
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
I've been avidly reading Tony's articles for several months now, and am so interested in dreaming!
I wasn't interested in my dreams when I was young, as far as I can remember, but nearly 4 years ago I had a few "big" dreams and a couple of spontaneous lucid dreams that inspired me to begin logging my dreams.

Lately I often remember so many dreams and some are so detailed that I often get overwhelmed and end up putting them away because I don't know what to do with it all!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hi I'm Rain!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
Hi Rain - It is good to meet you here.

I was interested to hear of your lucid experiences, and would like to hear any description of them. But something that has fascinated me has been the waking lucid dream. It is when we learn to allow the dream process to break through into waking consciousness.

It started when I was trying to understand what makes us or allows us to go to sleep. I saw that to go to sleep we need to allow our thoughts to become random, and to surrender our will and self to sleep. So by surrendering my will and thoughts I could allow dreams to occur while awake. But the quality of them was so much better. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/

I have explained this at some length elsewhere but here is some of it:

In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gives us life and continues to express as dreams.
• While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we sleep our voluntary muscles are paralysed – so another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak; but the second will takes over when we sleep.
• This Life Will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. As Freud pointed out this inner will has full access to our memories. It can do so many other things that are described else where – See ESP in Dreams; Edgar Cayce.
• This Life Will or motivator has been active for millions of years and we see it working all the time in animals. We are partly split in half because we are often opposed to what our Life Will in us wants. So the only way to express what is good for us is in dreams when our conscious will is largely passive.
• Life Will created your body and pre-existed you as a person you know today. It was working in you prior to your ability to speak or know in the way you do now. But of course it has fantastic unconscious wisdom and skills, as can be seen in animals.

Tony
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:46:05 AM by Tony Crisp »

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »
Hi Rain,

Yes, I'd also love to read about your lucid dreams and also to know what your BIG dreams were about. Did anything particular prompt this change in your inner life or did it happen spontaneously? Oh, and if it's not too personal, how old were you when they started? My big changes happened at the age of 26/27 and came after a period of suspicion and paranoia.

Take care  :)

Matt

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the responses!

Tony I hadn't thought of waking lucid dreaming - Thank you for the idea for waking lucid dreaming!

I’ll post a couple of my “big” dreams (though others may not think they are so big, they were to me!) in the interpretation forum.  I have at least a dozen lucid dreams from this year that were fairly long, so maybe I’ll post one or two that I liked quite a bit.