Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which dreams to explore?  (Read 9980 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Which dreams to explore?
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
This morning I recorded 3 dreams from the previous night, one of which was very long and is about 1.5 typed pages.

Yesterday, 6 dreams.

The day before, when I woke up I deliberately refused to remember any of my dreams because I was exhausted by all of the dreaming from the weekend.

I wonder if it’s even useful to try to go back into, play with, act out any dreams when I have so many!?

Maybe I am at an impasse…I wonder if I am simply at a point where I am accessing deeper and deeper levels of myself, and at a threshold where my comfort level is threatened, or if I’m losing myself in dreaming and need to shut it down and “get on with my life”.  I suppose only time will tell, I wonder if this is a common experience?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Which dreams to explore?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
My experience is that you only need to really explore one dream a week - or at the most two, and then only if you are seriously trying to learn and grow. That is because the dream process tends to stay with an inner situation until it is worked out or a change occurs. So one dream from a series will give you plenty to cope with. The apparently different dreams are usually a different view of the same inner situation.

Tony

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
Thank you - someone else told me essentially the same thing last night, I'm relieved to hear it!
Last night I experienced 2 dreams with a very familiar theme so I'll post those in the interpretation forum to get feedback, since those dreams have been recurring over many years and work with those and leave the others be for now.

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
What refreshingly different point of view to some of the hardcore lucid dreamers out there who tell us to record EVERYTHING we dream.