Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams after a 14 day spirit quest.  (Read 5158 times)

shefelltoearth

• "There's no easy way from the earth to the stars."
    • View Profile
    • SHE FELL TO EARTH
Dreams after a 14 day spirit quest.
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »
I recently came back from a journey to New Mexico. I have been having some wild dreams and they are all about medicine men/women/elders. I originally traveled to meet a medicine man but something in me kept telling me not to trust the man I found over the internet - it just didn't feel right.

While I was asleep in Taos I dreamt of a man with a thick long braid over his left shoulder, he was Native American, he was wearing a blue plaid shirt tucked into jeans with a funny skinny light brown braided belt and he had deep brown eyes that were like shiny diamonds. He had no wrinkles or anything else to age him but I knew he was old. He just stared at me and in the dream I felt like I was underwater, you know how yr ears sound when you are submerged, slightly muffled but with an intense clarity? Except there was no sound, only my pulse. I was not scared, I stared right back at him. He was leaning all his weight on his two palms and I was floating.

When I woke up I wasn't surprised. I was calling for him. (He was not the man I contacted regarding being healed, by the way.) I figured this was a test and I needed to make my intentions clear.

That afternoon I drove up the Taos Pueblo and was profoundly moved while standing upon the land. I wept as I walked around the grounds and sat by the river for 20 minutes while my tears dried. All of the dog's followed me around. All of them!! I felt like I was home. I am an orphan and don't know of my lineage, but my soul felt right and I felt sad that our beautiful earth had been reduced to concrete and smog and money. I live in Los Angeles, have my whole life and I had never felt home - I always associated that with the loss of my parents but I know differently now. I want to be in nature.

I met an elder in a shop and he gave me a gold and silver bracelet. We were just laughing and joking and I aimlessly tried it on and he put his hand on my wrist and told me to keep it. I was shocked. While I was trying to leave the first dog that came up to me upon entering the Pueblo would not let me leave! She climbed onto me, literally, hugging me, kissing me. It was the craziest thing ever. She even knocked me over on my butt and all of the other tourists were laughing and a van of Pueblo residents pulled over on the side of the road and watched us. I told her I had to go, I literally said "I have to go crazy girl!" and kissed her on her snout and she trotted off.

Well, I am back in Los Angeles and have been back since Monday, October. Last night (actually very early this morning, around 5 a.m.) I dreamt I was sitting in a circle of elders, it was cold and there was a fire. The mountains behind the oldest were purple and I could smell water. An elder to my right with very white hair in two long braids pulled out a pipe and I offered my cigarettes to him. I took one and sprinkled the tobacco in my palm and cupped my other hand underneath it. He turned from me and addressed the circle, speaking in a different language. I asked what languague he was speaking and a voice in my head said "Tiwa" - it was a deep, masculine voice, and then I understood it.

The man to my right had consulted to the group about healing me (from the sadness in my heart) and they had agreed it was time. He handed me the pipe and asked if I was ready - I said - wait, I have different medicine and I ran to my left to get my purse. The next thing I know I am running on pavement and soon my hand is in my purse, mixing old dried marijunana leaves with my tobocco. I instantly became frustrated and started to run back to the circle when a man appeared on my right. He literally cvame out of the shadows. He had long dark brown hair (like my partners) and I smiled and said "Hi" as I waved with my right hand (the pot and sacrifical medicine was clutched in my left). His face was not my lover's, by the way. He looked so out of place. He was wearing jeans and dark blue velvet blazer with a rhinestone moon on the back. He turned to me and then said "You are so fucking stupid" and grabbed my neck.  I fell to the ground and suddenly he threw a wooden wedge at me and I caught it and it threw it back at him. He dodged it and then summoned a ladder and tried to throw the ladder on me but I stuck my feet up and my boots broke all the pegs and then he had this huge wooden pallet and tried to smash me again but I stuck my legs up and it broke and I pushed him with my feet and began to run. I ran to the lake and the mountains were blue and the water was purpple and I kept looking for the elders but they were gone. I was alone. It wasn't night anymore, it looked like dusk.

And then I woke up.

I want to go back.

Any idea what this dream means?

P.S. The other 2 dreams I have ha dwith the elders were about being stuck in Arizona and the mountains were red like fire and I was frantic to get back to New Mexico, but the same elders (only one in each dream, not like the 6-8 in this dream).

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams after a 14 day spirit quest.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »
Shefelltoearth – This is what I see.

You are seeking a big change and that means initiation. And in fact your initiation has begun, but you must stay with it, because initiation means testing you. Without the right qualities you cannot pass into the way of Life.

The qualities you need are courage – discrimination between the false and the true – harmless warrior (in your dreams anyway) – and persistence.

With the dogs you were harmless warrior because you did not attempt to fight them. You fought back with the man who came out of the dark. Good, but then you ran away – no courage and no ability to discriminate yet. You cannot be hurt in this world of dreams, so you must face the tests presented. Then you will face death unafraid. You will meet pain of the soul and pass through. And you do it by recognising that you are a seed of the cosmos, and daring to be it. There is no easy way from the earth to the stars – except by knowing you are the stars, and they are your parents.

Tony