Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death Of My Young Daughter  (Read 5448 times)

lotty2401

• View Profile
Death Of My Young Daughter
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
Hello all, im new to this site and wondered if anyone could help me. I woke up this morning ever so upset after the dream i had last night and just want someone to please help me interpret it. I have an 18mnth old daughter and dreamt she died, I didnt see of what she died or why, just that i held her for days after and she was exactly the same she didnt change although she was still dead. It broke my heart when i woke up and i cant forget it. I dont think i ever saw her face in my dream although i know it was her, Im really upset please can someone help, Im distraught x
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:34:55 AM by lotty2401 »

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Death Of My Young Daughter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
hi lotty,
it is easy to see how distressing this dream must have been to you,but you must try to look at it from a different angle,dreams are seldom literal and must be looked at symbolically,

i think the first thing to look at would be,
what can you identify the child with in your own life,
ie,what have you had to give up ,sacrifice ?
secondly,
it could be you have a lot of repressed  emotions,maybe even pent up grief about a relationship to something,
all these emotions get put aside so you can function,and do what is required of you,
but comes the time ,when you just can't hold it in anymore,and out it pops,
dreams have a remarkable way of doing this,and that function is to help you release that tension,
i would imagine that you felt extra loving feelings towards your child in real life,this then might have been the dreams purpose, to put you in touch ,a sort of conscious acknowledgement of your true feelings,
i am a dad of 3 girls,whom i have had to bring up on my own,and i have had similar dreams too,but i understand that i had them for the very same reason i have stated,it may be the same for you,or not,
only you will know what it refers to,i hope my words are of some use to you,
and i am sure that tony,and others will give some input,
rest assured you have come to the right place!
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Death Of My Young Daughter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
Lotty – I cannot add much to what Mikey has said, except that I have received, over 40 years, many dreams of mothers who dreamt their baby or child was dead, and not one of them died.

One woman dreamt of such a death, and I had the good fortune to be with her and help her to enter her dream to explore it. What she found was that a death had taken place, represented by the child, and the death was that of her love for a man. She had ended a relationship that had lasted for years.

So if you can put yourself into your dream and speak as the dead baby, what would you find?

Tony