Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Juncture Point of Cross  (Read 8831 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Juncture Point of Cross
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »
One night I did not dream, but only had a vision...the juncture (I think that is the correct term) point of a cross.

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Juncture Point of Cross
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
hi christine,
i hope you don't mind me giving my thoughts,
if we are talking about the same thing,here in the uk we call them crossroads,
as a metaphor in a dream ,they may refer to a place you have arrived in life,that requires you to make a decision about which way to go,path to choose etc,so this might resonate with you,
another way of looking at it ,
if you look at the symbol of a crossroads from above, (birdseye view)you get something that resembles a mandala,which is often been seen to represent the symbol of the total self,the fact it was a vision may allocate it to this area,i have no idea what is going in your life ,so only you will know which area the vision refers to,

i would hazzard a guess and say it refers to the first or second examples,
are you aware of any transitions taking  place ,or in the near future,,inner or outer ? the answers to these questions may give you some meaning,
i hope this is of some use to you,feel free to feedback,
rgds mikey

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »
Mikey,

No I don't mind at all...it is always good to get different perspectives!

Yes to all of your questions...I like the idea of the beginning of a mandala.

I should have noted above that the beams of the cross were three dimensional...so I am unsure about the crossroads idea although that is reflective of where I am inany ways.

The three dimensions...indicate weight to me...so it may relate to holding the tension of opposites.

We will see what the man behind the curtain has to say.

Thanks again Mikey!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:11:37 AM »
Christine – I am still smiling at being called “the man behind the curtain”.

I wish I could see a picture of what you saw. So I have to imagine it, and my impression is that this is so big a thing it is difficult to find words to fit it.

Somehow it is an image of human life, its struggles and glory. The intersection is where the difficulties of physical life meet the push of the spirit within. And at that point we can flower because of the tension and resistance. It is sometimes depicted as the Rose Cross – the Rosae Crucis.

The way of the cross leads to meeting sorrows and tears we have sowed in our lives. Eventually we meet death and resurrection. It is a big event, and these words are only a tiny sign of it.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:51 AM »
Thank you Tony!  If I could be in two places at once I would give you a big HUG.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
Don't worry about being in two places at once - just do it.

All such are received, even if only in dreams.

And thanks - Tony

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:28:58 PM »
Hello Christine and everyone,

I've just discovered this forum and hope you don't mind me joining your discussion.  The title of your thread immediately drew me in because it sounds so like a vision that I experienced.

Like yours it was a vision not a dream. It happened at home in the daytime, as I walked across the living room there was suddenly a massive, black, very deep space all around me as though the whole of space opened out in front, behind and to both sides of me in the shape of a cross with me at the juncture, or with me as the juncture.

Then  a voice said very clearly  'There's no-one, there's only me'

The voice must have been in my head as there was no-one else in the house.

This was quite frightening as it was so sudden and intense, as soon as it stopped I dropped my cup of coffee and ran upstairs (don't know why upstairs but I just had to run away from there) with pounding heart and hands too shaky to dial the phone.

Thank you for writing about your vision and for the interesting answers.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
Janet - Something very profound happened to you as the blackness surrounded you.

The story of the New Testament is - from my view - a list or descriptions of things we meet in growing to our full potential. The one you met was the point in the story where Jesus cries out, "My God, why have you forsaken me?"

From the point of view of it depicting levels of maturity, it is the point where we start to assume responsibility for our own life, and we see there is nothing but us - and that 'us' is everything. So God is no longer outside of us, and in the largest sense, you are it.

Tony

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »
Tony -  it was indeed a profound experience and one that gave meaning to other such happenings.  Once the panic subsided I realised what an amazing experience it was, making me feel lucky and privileged.

As time goes on my understanding of it has grown, added to by your insight.

Thank you
Janet