Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Following my dreams  (Read 7328 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Following my dreams
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
 Last month, I dreamed of a single image, a hot pink lighted sign with the word “BIONEERS” typed on it.
I had heard of them, but didn’t know much about it.  A quick internet search led me to a local conference being held soon.  I couldn’t afford to go, so, trusting my dream, I signed up to volunteer.

I attended the conference this past weekend, and for less than an hour of actual work, I was rewarded with inspiring talks by several speakers, 4 delicious, nutritious meals made with love and care, and a very different experience of people.  I had dinner with local government officials, prominent community members, leaders in the fields of energy conservation and alternative resources, community building, biomimicry, et cetera.  I felt totally at ease exposing my ignorance and asking “dumb” questions (although I did feel some general social anxiety).  I received coupons, free healthy snacks, and a box full of CF bulbs (more than I’ll ever use).  I received genuine hugs and expressions of appreciation for simply being there and being available.  I participated in a movement class that was exactly what my soul needed, it left me in grateful tears and a little voice in my heart saying, “Welcome!  Welcome!  We’re so glad you’re here, Rain!”  I felt like I really really belonged.  Belonged there, belonged on the planet, belonged in my community, that the very planet herself wants and needs me here and is showing me how I can serve and receive the fulfillment I have so desperately been yearning for.  I am overcome with emotion, tears in my eyes and heart even as I type this.

I walked into a breakout session and stopped short.  A young girl, early teens, was leading the group.  I recognized her…from a dream!  My head spinning, I remembered the dream..I walked into a room full of women.  In the dream, the girl, was sitting in a rocking chair to my right, smiling at me.  I turned to face a panel of black women sitting at a table.  I asked one woman, “What do you represent?”  
“Environmental interests,” she replied.  (I checked my journal and I had this dream 8 days before the Bioneers dream - I called it, "A Room Full of Women Happy to See Me)

All of the threads..coming together…

Perhaps this sort of experience is ‘normal’ for a lot of people, for me, it was radically different…coming from a background of violence and willful ignorance, fear and rampant drug use…it was a whole different class of human beings than I’ve ever experienced.  There was so much closeness, so much kindness, a few times I wanted to bolt, to get away, to isolate (I did go take a nap in my car for an hour)…and I kept trusting my dream.  Stay…stay…
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:18:59 PM by Rain_Dancer »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Following my dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »
I miss that environment so much.

I live alone in a small stone cottage because it it what I can afford. I am happy here but miss the community of other like minds close and around. So thank all of you for keeping me 'in touch'.

Tony