Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A man's wedding band  (Read 5681 times)

Tamsyn

• View Profile
A man's wedding band
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
Hi Tony

Recently I have made some rather drastic changes in my lifestyle all for the better, since making these changes I have not had very many vivid or memorable dreams. However last night I had a dream so incredibly realistic and vivid that it has stuck with me throughout the day. It is constantly on my mind while I go through each detail I can remember and try to figure out what it means. I am hoping your insight could help me interpret the meaning of my dream.

I am walking through a park, the sun is shining and everything is green. I am being guided by my gut feelings and I am not following any paths,  I’m walking between the bushes and trees. I see a bush without many leaves, it looks like a rose bush. It is chest high and I am drawn to it. One of its branches is broken off leaving a small broken branch which ends in a join. A man’s ring (wedding band made of both white and yellow gold) is stuck on the broken branch. I know I was meant to find it and I take it off the branch.

The dream carries on and the details are not very clear or significant. Just this specific part of the dream is incredibly clear and something I cannot shake from my mind. I think I should also mention (as I consider it relevant) that I am 27 years old and unmarried although I do live with my boyfriend.

I look forward to your interpretation.

Kind regards
Tamsyn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A man's wedding band
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Tamsyn – I started exploring your dream, but am puzzled by what you mean that the branch was broken but ends in a join. What was it joined to? As this is the very heart of the dream I am wanting to know more.

As ever – Tony

Tamsyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
Hi Tony

When a branch grows off of a stem or another branch it forms a join or a node as it is called in Biology. The wedding band was caught on a branch that was broken off after a node. It was as though the ring had been there so long that the branch had thickened and grown around the ring. It could still turn freely but the node was too thick for me to slide the ring off without breaking the branch which I did.

Thanks
Tamsyn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
Tamsyn – Your dream has a wonderful start, so full of life and growth – the sun and the green. That you are not following any path is also a sign of personal growth. It shows you as a person who can adapt to the moment as an individual.

Then the bush that only comes up to your chest suggests that you inner growth is up to your heart, and that is the theme the bush and the ring are about. But it hasn’t got many leaves, suggesting that it hasn’t survived well, and so you haven’t yet shown all your talents or that you haven’t flowered yet. But the beginning of the dream says that you are well on the way to do so.

The ring seems to me to represent a promise that was never allowed to grow, and in fact was broken in some way. It was an intrinsic part pf you that is now recovered. Yet there it is the ring, still golden and shining, still representing wholeness and eternity and of course marriage. It is like something that you knew was there in you and you are recognising it. You have brought it to consciousness.

Tony