Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Image of Hands  (Read 6365 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Image of Hands
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
I look at the palms of my hands and underside of my fingers...they are flesh colored.  I turn over my hands...on the back of each hand is the number 10 circled and written in black.

Happy Thanksgiving Tony!  I looked for you on You Tube recently and I found you and your beautiful face!  What a treat!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Image of Hands
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
Christine - Thank you for your warmth and comments.

I have only once celebrated Thanksgiving, and that was in the home of a long time friend in Montreal Canada. It was very much a family celebration and I have a lot of memories of it. Here in the UK we do not do that, though we have the Harvest Festival which is celebrated in churches but not in homes.

I am going to explore your dream soon, but was wondering what you saw on YouTube, was it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSPe913ZOmE&feature=related ?

As ever - Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:17:26 PM »
Christine – Well it is quite an unusual dream, and numbers are difficult to get a hold on. So here am I after about half and hour of looking and this is what I came up with.

The palm of the hand is the area of our body that has – apart from the soles of the feet – the most contact with the world and work, and has to do with our creative action in ‘handling’ things, so the everyday actions of life.

The back of the hand is the direct opposite of that and has to do with non physical activities, or even non activity. But the back of the hand is also often used as a notepad on which you write things you do not want to forget.

The number ten is often described as the ending of one cycle and the beginning of a new one; the synthesis of all numbers, the male and the female as one – so completion.

Therefore the dream seems to say that you have put a memo to yourself to remember something important, the starting of a new cycle, perhaps one in which there is less physical work involved.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
The You Tube video I saw was the one in which you talked about Lifestream.  On side note, I am taking a local class here in Iowa City, Iowa...the subject is Pathwork...which might interest you.  www.pathwork.org.  You can download some of the lectures for free.  We started with lecture 204 - What is the path?  I think you might find it interesting...although I am sure it would not be new material for you.

Your interpretation was interesting.  I have not worked for the past few years.  Taking care of my son before then was difficult as was working for patriarchal financial institutions.  I had difficulty meeting mens expectations of women in that environment, as well as the expectations of my ex husband, father too and acted out a lot of anger.

In regards to the dream, I forgot to mention that when I turned my hands over to reveal the writing.  My hands were shaped in fists.  I also thought it might relate to me speaking or acting in a "backhanded" manner."  That is something I need to look at...as I am very good at it.  It is odd to feel so non - judgemental of that trait in me...so something must be working.

I was thinking the other night that because of the relationship with my father,  I held the false belief that I could not depend on men emotionally or as providers.  I projected those fears onto my then husband.  Now my ex - husband and his wife are taking care of my son and they seem to be doing a good enough job.  I was thinking that I can depend on him to take care of my son.  While half asleep I had the image that I was under the sea...beautiful blue water, creatures...I did not feel afraid but felt very calm.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »
Christine - That ocean seems to be the one we are all immersed in and are usually unaware of.

Presumably you opened the fist to look at the back of your hand? Maybe that is part of the new cycle.

I looked at the link, and read some of the 204 lecture, and saw what an excellent teacher you have. It is good to see someone who does not avoid the real work. "It has the advantage of keeping you whole, and actually confronting you with your fears, traumas – karma – instead of trying to get to the good place without the work of self transcendence." Taken from Dream Yoga.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:39:10 PM »
What a wonderful quote...THANK YOU!