Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: first dream post, here we go  (Read 6922 times)

lucid

• View Profile
first dream post, here we go
« on: December 04, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
hi to all and thank you for reading my dreams, i am very excited to be a member here

i have had many many incredible dreams and they are so vivid to me i feel them,anyway i will start with last nights dream

i am seated on an airplane (i have done extensive travel ) in the middle of a 3 seat section
we are flying well until the pilot says over the intercom that soon he will lose control of the plane (?) anyway, he did and the plane went into a free fall.  i got the "stomach in throat" feeling while dropping (and interestingly enough my reaction in my dream to this situation- which was to put my head down and close my eyes- was the exact same thing i did when getting into a major car accident a few winters ago) and the pilot was still on the intercom saying how he could steer us out but we might not clear "it".  now since i am not watching whats happening i can only guess "it" is a building?bridge? etc.  anyway he did steer us out and the massive g-force i felt in the dream was the end of it ...

99.9% of my dreams deal with violence or violent situations

i have some other doozies but since this was the most recent (and tamest) i thought id start with this

thank you again

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: first dream post, here we go
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »
Lucid – In case you haven’t read it, I want to remind you of some rules and principles of dreaming.

If you imagine for a moment that you live alone in a world, and you people  it with your imagination, fuelled by what you feel, fear, despise, love and fear; and all those people  in your dream world become real and interact with you. Then you build surroundings out of the same things, animals too. But you do not realise what you are doing, and you take it to be really independent people and animals. The things that frighten you like falling and being shot to are made of the same stuff and are harmless. What you do not realise also is that this is your own inner world brought to life. It is not an imaginative fantasy, but a real representation of the world you live in ‘inside you’ a mirror in which usually unacceptable or unconscious truths are shown.

Dreams are virtual realities that we create in our sleep. Even the wonderful dreams of God and angels are an external virtual reality, and mirror of our own inner immensity and our enormous variety. In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gave us life and continues to express as dreams – our core self. While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we sleep our voluntary muscles are paralysed – so another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak; but the second will takes over when we sleep.
This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. Life Will created your body and pre-existed you as a person you know today. It was working in you prior to your ability to speak or know in the way you do now. But of course it has fantastic wisdom and skills, as can be seen in animals.
So coming at last to your dream, through your fears you were reacting to the situation out of fear, not realising that nothing can hurt you in a dream. So you were acting on deeply seated habits.

Then the pilot – just a voice – told you that control had been lost. What is that voice except your core self putting you through a little exercise. You lost control as soon as your dream started, when all your voluntary muscles were paralysed - the fact is that voluntary movements are inhibited during periods of the dream process. All brain signals to the voluntary muscles are stopped. This was because our ancient ancestors lived in trees, and if the impulses in dreams to move had been acted upon it could have been fatal.

You were in a virtual reality, like a very real computer game, except you were wired into it life, and so any thing you feel emotionally or believe becomes real – thus the g-force. See Dream Yoga as it may help you avoid a lot of fears in your dream world - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

Tony

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
Thank you Tony, this was very explaining indeed. I too had falling dreams earlier and now do not have it because as you said it was connected to my personal problems in real life which has to an extent subsided. I used to dream that I was falling from  high above and crashing down with all the falling feelings really experienced and got up sweating and without breath just as I hit bottom. Another funny incident which I dare relate here only is that even before JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter, I used to have terrifying dreams where some force used to suck the life out of me and just then I would wake up trying hard to get my breath back. After that I pray every day and go to sleep. I even keep a Bible and Gita under the pillow to ward off  such creatures even if they are not real or are they? you must be laughing I know, hee hee :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
No - I am not laughing. Every little helps. We use all manner of things to help us feel confident in faces troubles and fears. The Bible and Gita, someone saying they love you, even rings given in friendship and marriage are great strengtheners.

Tony

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
yes dear Tony you are right.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
Now you have me laughing by being so sweet.

Tony