Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams about dad and mom  (Read 5229 times)

deepa

• View Profile
Dreams about dad and mom
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:53 AM »
I posted this on the site without knowing that I could use this forum, please do forgive me for that. I am re posting it here so that someone can help me interpret this. Thanks in advance.

I have had dreams about my dead father who passed away at the age of sixty in 1991. We were very close. He is very protective and once before my marriage my mother had a dream about him- he asked my mother why my marriage was being delayed because in India it is parents who decide these affairs through horoscope matching etc; years later I had a dream of him turning over impatiently in his ‘lying dead’ position before being cremated, and the next day my husband became very cross with me because my mother in law said a cousin brother hugged me and this made him mad- he is kind of too conservative- it was a warning dream when I think of it now because my dad never wanted to see me cry. After that incident, last year my mother passed away in her sleep. Just a few months before, my mother had a dream about dad and he was asking her to come with him and I had a dream of him waiting for someone and after a few months my mother passed away- no illness. a few days back, I had a dream that my mother was wearing my wedding sari-dress and she was performing a ritual connected with- I am not sure maybe a pregnancy ritual or wedding and she was so happy. other dead relatives were also present. would you care to explain the meaning because I am so confused. and yesterday I had a dream about me -don’t laugh- trying to coax an elephant to feed a baby monkey and there was no milk coming out and I was asking my mother present about it and was confused. the elephants back was toward me. Any clue?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams about dad and mom
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
Deepa – Thank you for describing some of your dreams. The dream about your father asking your mother to follow her is very interesting.

And the dream about your mother dressed in your weeding sari suggests that this is both an assurance for you that your mother is fine, that she is happy about your marriage, s sort of blessing, and then that she is also sending her blessing and hope that you have children. The ritual is an example of that I believe.

The dream about the baby monkey – do you have a young brother? I think there is a joke here that something so small should try to handle something so big. And you need to get its attention by getting to the front of the elephant – then it too could bless you. Try it in your imagination.

Tony

deepa

• View Profile
Re: Dreams about dad and mom
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
Thanks for replying Tony, My mother did see me married and have a son. She passed away last year after I have been married twelve years. I do not have a younger brother, it must be related to my content writing? I am trying to write which is my passion and also look after my household duties which includes a farm house, aged in laws and my own husband and son who is in class 7. Maybe I am too stressed I suppose. I will post if I get more dreams. Have a nice day.