Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: chapel perilous theme  (Read 19284 times)

mikey

• View Profile
chapel perilous theme
« on: December 15, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
hi tony,
i thought i would mention this latest dream, as once again it contains those myth/archetypal images that always seem to provide extra ommph to a dream,
the dream.
i am in a cave or chapel,the door i came in through has slammed shut,no going back ,
there is another door on the other side of the chapel ,that is shut also,
i realise i am in a place of incredible supernatural activity,both positive and negative,
 blue lights are  flashing all around  the room,but down on ground level i see yellow coloured lights,these i feel are negative ghost/ spirits of the passed,
in my hand i hold what i can only describe as, a puffer,a small bulb like tool that when squeezed puffs out a gas that envelops the ghost like spirits of the passed and outlines them,allowing me to  see and destroy them with a magical  knife i have,
on clearing the place out of these negative spirits,the remaining blue ones all come together and take on the form of a priest,
this being is wearing a sari kind of covering,is bald ,and has a blue rectangular bar tatooed  on his forehead,similar to what hindu holy men daub on forehead,(i could find no ref to hindu forehead marks in blue)
he walks over to the other door i mentioned and opens it,
i bow to him to show my respect,he then shakes my hand,i have used the word him,but on shaking his hand i realized he was neither a he nor she but both,
i walk through the newly opened door,to see a beautiful crystal clear river lined with trees,
all along the banks are discarded wooden staffs,& sticks, some rotten, some strong,as if dumped after some great flood had passed,
it seems my job now is, to find myself a good strong wooden staff from those lying around, to afford me some protection ,for the next part of the journey up river,
as you can see,this dream has that mythic feel about it,
i look forward to your thoughts,
kind regards mikey.

deepa

• View Profile
Re: chapel perilous theme
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
wow! I am impressed, I do not know whether I am supposed to say authoritatively because Tony has not replied yet, but here is my humble interpretation. what you saw must have been 'ardhanaarishwara'- google images and you can see the picture of lord Siva and his wife Parvati in the same person. They are man and wife in the same body and blue in color as told in scriptures. Lord Shiva has third eye on forehead which he opens only when he wants to destroy the enemy to ashes. He must be indicating that you have to avoid bad company and move on to find  better prospects. I hope I have not displeased you with my interpretation.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »
i don't mind at all,
thank you for your thoughts deepa,i am not a hindu so any info on other myths or cultures is always of help,
i know that jung said, you must not be worried if images from other myths, religions etc turn up in your own dreams,
they have a way of waking you up,especially if they are followed up and acted upon,i am always amazed at the unending supply of old & ancient symbols our inner world seems to come up with,
i did like your thoughts on bad company,this could be symboloized by the negative spirits of the past,that had to be got rid of in the dream,so you may be on to something,thanks for that.
rgds mikey

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »
I am glad that I could be of help. :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »
Mikey – I would like you to remember me saying, “That you are Buddha/Christ/Universe.” Okay so I added to it. 

This dream is another step toward you realising that. I am curious about the knife – magical or not – because in recent years I was shown that I could not progress beyond a certain point if I insisted on killing things in our inner world. Obviously we kill all the time to exist in the body.

The figure priest with the blue bar is saying that he has heavenly consciousness, and is in fact the higher self that dreams lead to.

Eventually you will merge with it and know yourself as male and female in a wonderful marriage – Krishna and Radha – Shiva and Parvati – or like this Tibetan merging, or even like the spiritual marriage in Christ. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/tibetan-spiritual-marriage

Then you see the crystal river that if you bathe in you will be cleansed – but again you are set upon getting a ‘discarded’ staff to afford you protection. Protection from what? And why do you think they were discarded along that wonderful river?

I feel it is a point of swinging over from body consciousness, which has to be protected, and spiritual consciousness which is everything in union and needs to protection.

It is my humble opinion.

Tony
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:32:07 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
William Lilley is a spiritual healer who goes into a trance to do his work. What he describes is vitally important. As you see it is a form of dream world. I think it clarifies  in a different way what we have been looking at.

When I am going into trance immediately I get a sensation as though I am falling, or being pulled backwards. As this sensation comes to a climax, I seem to be travelling through space at terrific speed. I have opened my eyes many times at this point, but the only vision I have is of passing through a dense fog. Then, quite suddenly, the fog clears and I am at a stile. I climb over this stile and immediately there is a voice speaking to me over my shoulder. This voice is always with me, explaining everything I see and everyone I meet. The stile seems to be on the edge of a large field, which rises gradually to the form of a hill. I walk up the hill, and beyond it I visit many places.

The most interesting and remarkable experience I ever had during these visits into the Spirit, happened before I went into trance. Several people had been speaking of consciousness. They had asked me to describe the Spirit. Was it solid? Did I appear solid? I promised them that if I could, I would find out. I arrived at my stile, the voice came to me, and it evidently knew my desire, because it said "Feel the earth!" I did. It was solid. "Feel the grass beneath your feet!" I did. That was solid too, and even had dew on it. "Smell these flowers!" They were perfectly natural and had the usual perfume. In fact, everything around was natural. Then I was told, "Feel your body". I did so. It was as solid as I am materially.

'The voice then said, "Close your eyes; make your consciousness passive", or as you would do when preparing for a trance state. "Now feel the earth beneath your feet!" There was nothing. "Open your eyes". It wasn't dark, it wasn't light. "Feel at your body". It wasn't there. "Such is Spirit" said the voice. "Just a consciousness holding within it all experiences of your lifetime, all the joys and sorrows, your desires, achievements and failures, whence comes spiritual evolution. In your world of the material, you are able to examine matter; everything is matter. When you think of the spiritual, naturally you build in your consciousness another material world."

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
hi tony,thank you for yours & deepas thoughts,
i have hesitated in replying to this dream post as since posting it,the dream story has continued were it left off,& seems to make more sense,
the 2nd dream,
after selecting a staff from those all scattered around ,i take a left & head towards a forest,when i get to it,i notice it is surrounded by a high wooden fort like fence,i figure appears on the pallisade,tells me ,that what lies within cannot be killed by the weapon i hold in my hands,thats why there was a huge pile of them down by the river,he tells me they belonged to all the priests,holy men,yogis,sages ,gurus who thought they could all come here ,take on & defeat what really lies within,but they all fail,as all will fail,i felt a bit disheartend at this,the figure then through down to me a strange piece of skin ,i noticed it was made of a strange material,he told me it belonged to the thing within,i could see why a mere wooden staff or stick would be useless,& why those that tried,failed,
the priest who i met earlyier turns up with a barrel,i look inside it to see a bunch of various weapons,spears,axes,swords etc,i notice right at the bottom a silver object,reaching down i grab hold & drag it out,
i realise it is a supernatural weapon,in fact it was thors hammer,a more fitting tool for the job,i said to my self,if i am going to die,i might aswell go down using this, i awoke at this point,as whatever it was that lay within,was bashing on the gates,

as you can see,it is full of the mythic stuff,i am somewhat alarmed at the seriousness & sense of urgency  of the dream,& feel that maybe i have been approaching my inner journey in the wrong way,
there seemed nothing peaceful or yogic about it,in fact it was totally the opposite,a battle for survival,in which i would not escape unscathed,
hope my courage holds !
rgds mikey

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »
Dear Mikey, I can imagine your fear. Please recite gods name and if you are a christian please keep the bible near your pillow and sleep. its powerful and as for your dream, I think you need not worry, because I think God or some power is going to give you more power to vanquish or get rid of some thing that may bother you or is bothering you at present. So there is no place for fear because you have a powerful weapon and anyway please keep a bible or gita or quran which ever you believe and pay and sleep tight. listen to meditative music which can be got online or read some comic books. do post tomorrow because I am worried. sweet dreams dear and I will pray for you. Hope Tony does not mind my posting answers to your dreams just that I became interested as it seemed similar to Hindu mythology where Skanda the son of Shiva killed three strong demons with a small spear who were within a fort. Have a nice night and may your dreams give you peace instead of fear. :)

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 06:13:19 AM »
Hi Mikey, I just thought I would share this because when I went to pray in the morning I was thinking about your dream and suddenly the answer struck me - of course the fort and the beast inside represents the mind of man with lots of vices. Controlling the mind is impossible and it has been said in the Vedas {Hindu sacred texts} that many sages and good men have failed in the task of controlling the senses. So the person you met is trying to give you more mental power to control your mind, desires, vices, senses and the thoughts that arise. Our mind is our first enemy. A small story- a sage was once very proud that he could control his mind and one day he saw a girl bathing in a river and all his self control vaporized- hee hee, just imagine a sage of much power succumbed to his desire. If this seems ridiculous just ignore my post. I just shared my thoughts, have a good day. :) 

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
Deepa,thank you for your thoughts,i am deeply touched  that a total stranger from another part of the world could be so interested in the dream welfare of another,this is what this site is all aout,thank you also for your knowledge of the hindu scriptures and  myths,all of                which are starting to help me unwravel this profound dream series             rgds mikey,                                                       

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »

Mikey - You are certainly determined, and courageous.

I feel certain that having myself met fort type buildings in my dreams that you are meeting your inner defenses. Our ego, the one which believes it is a body, is still fighting to survive. It is so difficult to let go of beliefs and convictions that have seemed like the very essence of reality. But it doesn't matter because you are moving quite fast enough.

As for the thing that is trying to get you that seems monstrous - it is, I believe -- Life.

It will certainly eat you and spit you out as a completely new being.

Tony  :)

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
welcome Mikey and I hope you do not have disturbing dreams any more- praying. I like Tony's interpretation. I think Life's mysteries are sometimes revealed through dreams.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
tony many thanks ,
i feel like i have been hit by a whirlwind of information from all directions,
i did follow up deepas info,& found all sorts of ref to symbols contained in the dream,
stuff i did not know ,i knew,
i feel after what you have said though , that my journey is unfolding as it should,at the speed it needs to go at,
much has been written & indeed said,about what it leads to,that ,i struggle with ,as it all seems  alien ,
i hope future dreams & experiences  clear that up for me.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
It is a pity I couldn't sit and talk and help you experience the symbols instead of talking and thinking about them. Thoughts are not a good  guide too dreams because dreams come from a level before thoughts with words came about.

Anyway, I am sure you will have a breakthrough - once those defenses go down.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
thanks tony,
yes i think you are right,thinking about the symbols in dreams can become confusing,
i do try to feel my way through them, trying to experience which part of life those feelings  refer to, is for me,the difficult part,especially if its inner stuff,
i am a thinker,not a brilliant one,but a ponderer none the less,i do know that if something is trying to get through,then there will be no stopping it,and as you say once my defences are down,
for me now,relinquishing control is the true test,
i am very grateful for your help ,
i would like to wish you tony &  all no matter what your faith ,a loving & peaceful xmas,
rgds mikey