Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chopping up my dog!!!  (Read 9920 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Chopping up my dog!!!
« on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
I saw myself chopping up my dog, and felt awful because or what I was doing; I chopped my dog into pieces.

Pete – This is an extraordinary dream, but it wouldn’t have meant much to me if we hadn’t talk about it and you explained the background of your feelings. As I woke this morning I had a clear intuition about your dream and what it means, and I see the process of our communication like one of those children's drawing books that you start with numbers that are just a shape. You gave me the shape and even the background colours, and then I filled in some of the pieces until we have both created a clear and colourful picture.

But to be clear about what I saw I have to start at the beginning  of ourselves as a human being – we all start physically from the primordial slime of our ancient world, a slime that we all go back to reproduce – the sperm and ovum. Then our journey begins and we go through the whole process of evolution, not just our body, but also the levels of expressed consciousness. And as far as I understand dreams, this self consciousness that we have only recently arrived at and are very vulnerable in, is only a new thing that has it roots in the animal kingdom, and all the way back to the very beginning of time.

So your beautiful dog that you hacked to pieces is an older version of self awareness – see http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=UmROo_oCpL4 if you feel dogs are not really an earlier form of human existence. But your dog connects back to your origins and its ancient instinctive awareness and so has a great deal to offer you, but you hacked it to pieces, understandably. That was because, as you explained, you are in a job of work that you constantly wish and desire to be out of; so here is my colouring action, you have to kill the urges you constantly get to get away from the work you do. And those urges are from your deeps, yet at the same time seem irrational because how else could you support your family in the work you do, which you rationally see as a loving act. But your deeper self sees it as an act of desperation and murder – a murder to the real instinctive you.

This is a healing dream because it points a way – more colouring. Your older levels of self, the dog which is a part of your brain – the mammalian brain http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain – does not have all the ‘realistic’ information about the world you face, but it is intelligent and is ready to learn. As it has links with the very ancient foundation of you – call it instinct if you like, but it is more that that, and now has a human face it can link with. So instead of killing your wonderful dog, talk to it and explain exactly what your frustration and desires are. Do it in pictures and imagination and feelings if you can, for that is its language. Tell it, for it is not dead even though you chopped it up, that you are sorry for what you did, and ask it as a great hunter, to see if it can find a way for you to support your pups and mate – a language it understand so well – in a way that works with the situations you face now.

And good luck and blessings – remember that you are only a recent development in the journey of life, and Life is old and caring in the long run. So reach back into your long  past for all the support you can get.

Tony
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:05:51 AM by Tony Crisp »

Dakota

• View Profile
Re: Chopping up my dog!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
Thank you T for that lovely and loving response to the dream.