Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feelings of love towards a guy/gorilla!?? - Please help me interpret this.  (Read 4323 times)

mbimbi

• View Profile

I had a very unusual dream the other day. I was outside somewhere with my dad when I spotted a guy , I thought he was very nice but my dad said or did something which upset him. He was misunderstood. Suddenly I was trapped in a room somewhere with this boy who had morphed into a gorilla. We were both very upset and he was distraught because we couldn't be together for some reason related to my dad's behaviour. We were affectionate towards one another it was a very happy feeling but also sad and frustrating at the same time. Suddenly this guy/gorilla embraced me and I could see that the top of his head had suddenly morphed back into that of a guy. I could see his brown hair and I stroked it for a few minutes. In this dream I was in love with him. There were strong sexual feelings involved but it didn't go any further than that.

I haven't had a lucid dream in sooooooooooo long since this one. It is really playing on my mind I would like some advice on what it could mean. Right now I don't have a boyfriend and I never have . School is getting very very stressful. I hope these details of my life might help with the interpretation. I would greatly appreciate it.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Mbimbi – I have a strong feeling that the dream is about the unconscious influence your father’s opinions have on your way of relating to and being with guys. Usually we do not realise how our own views express what our parents feel until we meet exactly what you are meeting now.

It isn’t that your father really means to influence you – or even if he does, you need to honour your own growth. That means you will gradually find the strength to have your own life – at least I hope you will.

The beauty and the beast is the fairy story you are enacting in your dream. The young girl has to transform her love for her father to what seems – or is judged to be – raw sexual impulses – the beast.

We have a crazy educational system that does not really honour the fact that young people are going through a tremendous change, and it needs to be recognized.

Tony