Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Titanic!  (Read 4953 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
On the Titanic!
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:02:23 AM »
Where my dream awareness started was noticing I was sinking, and "knowing" I was on the Titanic, going down.
I didn't actually see the ship to my recollection, just noticing I was quickly (but not forcefully) sucked under water, I tumbled in sort of a somersault, and immediately began swimming upward.

In a flash, I wondered if I should just inhale the water and let myself drown, or hold my breath and try to swim out.  As I was swimming upward, I noticed that I didn't need to breathe, and reached up and grabbed a grate/vent that I pulled on and swam up through, then another.  In just a few moments I was above the water and standing on a solid, stable surface.

After that it was a little fuzzy, something like it was as if I were a male who had a document or token I had gotten from Abraham Lincoln and was using it to pass myself off in order to make a claim on something (money perhaps).   Skip to a fragment of a woman with several small silver cylinders embedded in a board in the outline of the "Chevrolet" symbol, and either she or I are pulling out one or more.

So...
The emotional content of this dream was actually pleasant.  I didn't feel any alarm, and was open and curious about whether I should allow myself to drown.  I felt subtle relief upon waking, as if slight emotional tension had been relieved.

I am concerned with what the latter part of the dream may be reflecting, I don't trust myself to be totally honest with myself, as I am *quite* aware of my slippery egoic defenses and a long history of escapist fantasy addiction  :-\ so I wondered what your perspective might be.

Deepest gratitude, as always.
(Btw I have been reading Eye of Dreams and am thoroughly enjoying it and getting a lot out of it, though I will need to read it through at least another time or two!)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: On the Titanic!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »
Rain_Dancer – Thanks for being patient with me. I sometimes feel bad about trying to push ideas onto people. Hopefully I am learning to be gentler. I think it comes from a feeling – look, I’m in the swimming pool and the water is lovely!

Back in the ocean again – and you learned that you do not need to breathe in a dream, even under water. A good skill.

Obviously in the second part you have a feeling that you are not what you are making out to be. I am guessing that is a hang over from living in the world where you have to have all sort of certificates to prove your ability. Maybe that has crept in.

The cylinders are something I rarely come across, and so I am guessing wildly. I have a feeling that they contain something special, but I don’t know what.

What do you associate with Chevrolet symbol? Do you have any memories of having a Chevrolet? But it seems to be a way you have released some tension.

Tony