Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late Ex Husband  (Read 8197 times)

Elliott09

• View Profile
Late Ex Husband
« on: January 17, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
My husband passed away going on three years now. Ever since he has passed away the dreams have started. When he first died I started having dreams about him that involved the area in which we lived in. He would be with me in these dreams and all around us the whole place would be a blazing fire, but for some reason the fire couldn't touch no where near where we were. It would be all around us but couldn't touch us, kinda like we were protected by some kind of force field that wouldn't allow it to burn us or any of our belongings. In these dreams I know that he has died and asked him what he was doing here because he was dead, but utter happiness was present in the dream, because he was there. Those dreams have now ceased and I have gotten married again. Since I have moved on with my life now I keep have the same reoccurring dream about being with my Late husbands parents at their home. In the dream we all know that he is deceased and in my dreams I can feel sadness from myself and from his parents. We talk about him and how we all wished that he was there, and how much we miss him and often in my dream I cry. Before the dream ends or it awakens me I see him in person the same as he was when he passed. Once I have awoke out of my dream its like I can feel his presences like he is right here with me...it kinds scared me. I have no idea why I keep having these types of dream especially since I really don't associate with his parents anymore. Why couldn't the fire touch us and why am I always at his parents house?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Late Ex Husband
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
Elliott – the fire is a cleansing force, and it probably relates to an experience your dead husband was meeting. To make this understandable we need to know things that are usually not a part of our education.

The following is a small quote from http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/rudolph-steiners-philosophy-of-life-and-death/

“At death the soul may be saturated with physical concepts, desires and impulses, which as they are, cannot be integrated into the spiritual ‘body’, just as food, without digestion cannot integrate with our physical body.

Usually the first thing experienced at death is a vivid re-experiencing of one’s whole life in reverse order. These memories, Steiner states, are only experienced in this way when the formative energies of our being are separated from their action upon the matter of our body. Now begins what is for most people a purifying experience. In life we can choose to act from the direction or impulse given us by our whole being, or spirit: or we can choose to act from impulses arising from just one aspect of self, such as the body, sexual desire, intellect, emotion etc. There is thus experienced a period of burning desires; as these longings consume themselves in their own fire. During this time, one lives again through memories of life, but only those that were out of harmony with one’s innermost nature.”

That is an explanation of the fire that does not burn but purifies. So you were probably getting an insight into the condition of your dead husband. The parent’s home is obviously a reminder of his past life, but it is difficult to be sure because it is your own interpretation. Another piece of information is needed here.

So to understand how dreams come about  and realise what your dreams are telling you, it can help if you realise that just as your eyes do not directly allow you to see, but nerve impulses are sent to the brain where they are translated into living pictures. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So the eye receives reflected light from an object that is translated into nervous impulses, which is then received by the brain which translates what are formless nerve impulses into what we feel we see. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. So you would need to understand what the parent’s home represents for you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/

The last part of your dream is a great example of being in a culture that believes when someone dies they are dead and gone for good and we cannot be with them. Nothing can be further from the truth. As you say, “I see him in person the same as he was when he passed. Once I have awoken out of my dream its like I can feel his presences like he is right here with me.”

He is always there with you. Through years of marriage you are part of his life and he is part of you – through memories and living experiences. So please realise that it is misinformation you have been fed that makes you feel scared – of what – death? Please read On Life After Death by Elizabeth Kubler Ross.

Tony

Elliott09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
My late husband was addicted to drug, thus causing him to commit suicide (my opinion)..only he knew why...but he parents were gone on vaction. The left the day before he done it and no one was able to contact his parent untill they came home....its was more like their calm before the storm hit them...Once they returned home 3 days after their son had already passed, then is when they found out he was dead...In my dream when I am their house I am always attracted to memoirs of him...pictures, belonging etc...its kinda like I am there waiting for him to come home, but at the same time know that he is dead, but in the end some how he returns home and I see and talk to him one last time...I never got to see him or speak to him before he died...I just don't understand after my getting married and moving on...why am i so anxious to see him and speak to him again...Note we do have three children together and they are there at the house waiting for him as well in my dreams.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
Elliott – You keep dreaming about your dead husband because while you lived with him you experienced millions of memories, situations, conflict and learning experiences. Then his death was a full stop/period at the end.

So in a way it is not your husband you are dealing with but yourself. We cannot have a mass of experience with someone and move away without it influencing us. Life is, in a very real way, a learning experience, and every new experience has to be fitted into what we are learning.

Also there are many questions left unanswered in you – the full stop at the end. So you are all the time, especially in your deepest self, still seeking answers, so will continue to dream until you find satisfaction.

Tony