Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello, I am new here  (Read 7842 times)

vivid_dreamer

• View Profile
Hello, I am new here
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
Hello All,

I am a woman age 36.  When I was a teenager, I was able control my dreams - Lucid dreaming.  I could tell myself what to dream and I would be able to control my actions in my dreams.  I was also able to remember almost all my dreams everyday.

As I got older, my control slipped and then fell altogether.   When I was 24 I got married to an abusive man.  I stopped dreaming, well, I think that it is more correct to say that I no longer remembered dreaming or my dreams.  I think that I went away. 

When I was 28, I gave birth to my first child - a son.  Then 20 months later I gave birth to my second child - a daughter.  When my daughter was 2 years old, my husband left me.  I was 32 years old.  It was then that I started to remember my dreams again. 

That was four years ago.  I find that I can nolonger control my dreams in the way that I did when I was younger.  My dreams are also more complex then I recall from the past and I cannot understand them anymore.  I think that I have become more jaded and cynical.  I have become more literal and I cannot see symbols like I used to.

Recently my dreams have become more and more vivid and I am remembering them more and more.  I hope that this forum can help me return to my former dreamer self and help me reconnect to the me that is hidden. 

Thank you so much for letting me share and I look forward to taking this journey into dream with all of you.

vivid_dreamer

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hello, I am new here
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »
Well Vivid_Dreamer – Thanks for telling us a little of your his/herstory.

I have a similar trouble; the things I used to do so easily are more difficult. But often such things are a way of learning – I think.

Anyway a fascinating story, and I hope we can join you in your further life adventures.

Tony