Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I met Lucifer (He's a pretty cool guy.)  (Read 6575 times)

CAPRICORN

• View Profile
I met Lucifer (He's a pretty cool guy.)
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »
For some context, I was raised, until 12, as a Roman Catholic - Though I have never been religious, but agnostic. (I'm not even sure if that bit matters.) I've also had a dream with Buddah in it, and I felt the same way towards him as I did my Lucifer. (Curious / seeking wisdom). Maybe I am turning a bling eye, but I'm sure this has nothing to do with the religious aspects of the characters. BTW this is from my dream diary circa last year, so sorry if it sounds like a bad english project instead haha.

Suddenly, someone is driving me in a van, and I dont seem to question if the luggage next to me is mine. It's dim but I still look around. The van stops, and the lady in a yellow maids uniform takes 'my' bags, packs them onto a cart, and I begin to follow her out of curiosity.
I ask her where I am, and she responds with an oblivious deafness. What does catch my attention is a woman who resembles my mother, begging to know where I could be found. The maid answered in a whisper only I couldnt hear, and before protest I am swept away to the backside of a house.
A white-suited man greets me. Inquiring on what exactly I'm being greeted to, he said that I have just arrived in hell, and that he was "Lucifer." The steps to the back entrance were old and twisted, and as I walked up them I was bewildered simply by the fact that hell was literally a place on earth. Inside of this house was as aged as the outside, with dark black walls that sucked in the light from the many windows lining the building. On the chipped walls, engraved, was an ancient language.
Lucifer led as we walked, talking of philosophy, and I asked of the situation I was in. Although, it never occurred to me WHY I was there in the first place.
I skimmed through a pamphlet he gave to me, mentally asking questions with abandon (I had a feeling he could hear my thoughts anyway.) I incessantly continued, unbothered, and (outloud) asked him the most important question of the entire event (Surprise, I couldn't remember that part.) It was apparently of a simplistic beauty overseen, told as the  usually charming face of lucifer had undertones of surprise. (For context, the statement  I made to Buddah that got the same expression was when he invited me to heaven and I said, "I dont know if I want to be here forever.") Lucifer lead me to a room and opened the door, telling me to enter without saying anything at all. It was like a cabin room, completely different from the rest of the house, made of all wood. There is one wood table, four chairs, and one person that spikes my adrenaline on sight.
This person is a girl with my hair, my hands, my face. I coudlnt stop staring. Myself, sitting in the chair, was writing, and doesnt even acknowledge me. My focus jumps to the only window in this room, and outside is immediate, dense space, a starless vortex void of existence.
Out of the room, Lucifer went to do whatever kind of business he had, and I began to wander around, staring at the architecture and over hearing conversations with the other people residing. I sat in a chair, and then I found an elevator. With either primal knowledge or a discussion with Lucifer I knew that the bottom floor was for mingling, the 6th floor was for the women, the 8th for the men, and the 9th was Lucifers and forbidden. My memory sparks up a quotation from the rotting pamphlet, that I should NOT exit the house. With my thoughts and actions know to Lucifer, I figure if I'm not allowed to leave, he would stop me in the proccess.
Unbothered, I walked down a street, into a neighborhood like my own. The light from the sun ricochet off a particular red-roofed townhouse where two boys were lighting fireworks. After walking aimlessly I came upon my house, and without consequence proceeded to 'my' backyard, where the entirety of my family remained unaware. They were all about their business so I observed. A familiar adrenaline rush spiked through my body from my periphial vision, leading to my neighbor (who was in my yard at the time with his kid), staring DIRECTLY at me. The processing of this information deeply disturbed me, but I stare back anyway. He can see me.
Then, out of an otherwise fair sky, silken tornados rooted themselves thirty feet off the grounf, their miniature bodies spaced every twenty feet, behind each house on the block. I followed their trail back to the hell house, watching their endless textured energy dissipate into vapor around them.
Lucifer is alerted to the situation when I return, and I ask him the purpose of the tornado phenomenon. The look on his face presented me the knowledge that I had done something ominous and irreversible. And ofcourse, before it got super interesting, I woke up.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I met Lucifer (He's a pretty cool guy.)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Capricorn – It was quite a challenge to work on your dream – and thank you for all the background and comments.

I felt that the whole dream was an exercise in you finding your way through quite powerful influences toward making up your own mind. So may people when dreaming of the Devil/Lucifer are often overcome and afraid. But not you – and I see it as a triumph of self determination.

There seem to be two aspects to the devilish influence - or maybe more. There is the threat of an awful end – mostly the church’s doing. But the main influences we can actually witness around us are a) the urge out live out of our egotism and self desire- all for me and look at me, I’m the greatest; and the other deadening aspect is to live a life of cold intellectualism, without enthusiasm or love. Of course if we manage to stand in the middle of them with love, then we are very rich because we can take from the material world, we can gather intellectual insights and be enriched by them.

I see this in your response to Lucifer and Buddha, both of which seek followers - but you chose your own way. But I think you missed opportunities to experience other things, like the woman who was you; the ‘dense space, a starless void of existence’; and the forbidden floor. In dreams we can gather enormous experience of different dimensions of experience, and it is through such wide experience that we can grow, as long as we can still laugh at ourselves, and have humility. I think you have those qualities.

Also you can challenge Lucifer. The challenge that you had done something ominous and irreversible is worth challenging. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-yoga/

Tony