Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My mom was mentally challenged...  (Read 4615 times)

Green Siren

• View Profile
My mom was mentally challenged...
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
In real life my mom is perfectly healthy, minus having her gallbladder and appendix removed.. Anywho, in my dream she was similar to an autistic person and it was strange.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My mom was mentally challenged...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
Green Siren –I am not sure I can comment on your dream at any length because there are only a few words to go on in your description.

Dreaming of your mother in this way can mean many things. Your mother is part of your body and she provided you with the very foundations of your present life experience. So it could mean you are in your unconscious feeling uncertain of those foundations.

Another possibility is that each of us has a fundamental, perhaps instinctive, drive to bond with a woman at birth. This has generated from millions of years of survival strategy. If that bonding does not take place, much of what would have been natural unfoldment and growth, cannot, or does not, take place. So mother sometimes represents this whole difficult issue of survival and what happened in those early years of trying to become independent of such extraordinary needs. So if you recognise any of those symptoms maybe it is about that.

But a great deal of our life and energy goes into becoming independent of our mother. Our whole life is a movement toward, or a failure to become independent. So maybe your dream was a way of presenting you with a need to care for our dream mother, and so change roles. And although we may be independent in body and economically, man of us are still dependent emotionally.

Tony