Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dead grandparents  (Read 3722 times)

bobo1976

• View Profile
dead grandparents
« on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »
Today is my birthday 2-27-2012 and i dreamed about my maternal grandmother that has been dead for 13 years....we were very close when she was alive......in the dream we were at her house she lived in when i was a young child....but someone else owned the house in my dream.....i also dreamed about my paternal grandfather that has been dead almost 2 years and we were not very close when he was alive....in my dream i was driving down a road he would take to go to work and he passed me in his red truck and waved.....i have dreamed about my grandmother many times but this is the first time i have dreamed of my grandfather.....could someone help me out by telling me what they possibly mean....

???

thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dead grandparents
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
Bobo – It is difficult to give you a clear picture in words of your dream. That is because when we dream we received a message that is without form, but to make it understandable we give it the form of our own images, understanding and beliefs. So just as your eyes do not directly allow you to see, but nerve impulses are sent to the brain where they are translated into living pictures, so thoughts are also translated into images as in our dreams. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So with dreams of the dead we are picking up their thoughts and then use our own imagery in an attempt to give us an idea and understanding of the communication.

So your dream of your grandmother in the house where she lived because that is what you associate with her. The place being owned by another person is probably because where she is at the moment isn’t owned by her, but is like the saying, “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you”.

And your grandfather was also images you put together to make them understandable to you. He wasn’t that close to you, so you put him in the role of simply passing and waving. But that doesn’t mean that it was not real contacts you had with them.

Tony