Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about a former friend  (Read 4517 times)

thewidow

• View Profile
Dream about a former friend
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
I walked into a classroom or conference room set up with tables, there was no one in the room but me.  I noticed that the door closed behind me so I walked back to open it (the door opened into the room I was in).  As I touched the door knob, it started to turn from the other side and a former friend opened the door and walked in.

In the dream I was highly conscious of feeling badly that she and I were no longer friends and was very surprised when she sat down next to me since there were many other seats in the room.  I didn't say anything but she started telling me about a friend of hers.  She said the friend has a husband who is very controlling and she wanted to help her friend get away from her husband.  When she started talking it was like we were friends again and she was happy to see me. I felt like the ‘friend’ she was speaking about helping was actually herself.

Note: the door feels significant to me because when this friend called to 'break up' (so to speak, this was a platonic relationship) I said to her, "you're closing your door to me but I'm not closing mine to you. If you change your mind and think you'd like to give friendship another try, don't hesitate to reach out."   This friend ended our friendship abruptly and unexpectedly after just a few months with an explanation that didn't ring entirely true. The friendship did not end with bad feelings toward each other, we wished each other well before hanging up.

Thank you for any light you can shed to help me understand this dream.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:30:59 PM by thewidow »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about a former friend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »
TheWidow – I feel from what you say that it has left an unanswered question in you why the person walked out of the friendship. And I think that this dream is either an intuitive insight into the woman in your dream, or else it is a way to ease the feelings you have. But my best feeling is that it is an intuition.

If there is any way in which you could test it would  then strengthen your feelings about yourself. As the dream shows the woman coming into the room it suggests she wants to be able to express her feelings.

In fact the whole dream is a remarkable scene – the conference room suggesting an easy place to share your views; the door that closed behind you and you made an effort to open it; and the woman who opened the door and walked back into your life. Amazing!

Tony

thewidow

• View Profile
Re: Dream about a former friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
Thank you, Tony - I appreciate your help. It would be difficult to test this out because she and I don't work together or have any common acquaintances.  Contacting her directly would seem awkward, particularly since I acknowledged she was closing her door to me and told her I would respect her decision. 

I'll continue to tap into my intuition (which generally serves me well) and pray that maybe she'll contact me.  Thank you again, I wish you peace.