Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My boyfriend is always in my dreams and vice versa  (Read 10279 times)

jj1609

• View Profile
My boyfriend is always in my dreams and vice versa
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
Every single dream, that I can remember having, my boyfriend is always in it.  Sometimes he is an active participant - talking or w/e.  other times he is just hovering on the sidelines- like interacting w/me and others but not speaking.  And other times I can't see him but I know he's there- like he's out of my direct line of sight but I know where he is.  Or he is away somewhere- like he went to the store or something (idk) but  I still know where he is.  I told him about this and he said he has the same thing in his dreams w/me.  I am always there.  What does this mean?  And is it peculiar that he has the same thing in his dreams?

JJ

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My boyfriend is always in my dreams and vice versa
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
JJ – Many years ago I cam across a book – The Organism of the Mind by G Heyer – which was a close look at the findings of depth psychology. It said that any family ties means that it creates a situation like fingers on a hand. The fingers feel they are all single and capable of their own independent movement, but they are all connected to the hand. And within us  when we have such a connection is the ability to share dreams, and we are very much more a single being. I remember once when I had started a relationship with a woman, and felt deeply connected, I was at work with my mind on other things and suddenly felt something had snapped and hit me. I felt sure it was in connection with our relationship, so phoned up and found she had dropped me because her previous boy friend had returned.

Tony

jj1609

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »
Thank you very much Tony.  This is actually very reassuring.  I feel like it confirms that he feels as deeply connected to me as I do to him.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:20 AM »
This gives me some hope.  My ex recurs in my dreams often.  My hope is that this means there is a mutual connection.  I fear that she is entering into a dark phase in life.  I feel that one of the biggest reasons she turned away from me is through the influence of other people.  She lives 1000 miles away and I couldn't afford (literally) to be there when we started having problems.  I sense that people from her work and people in her family have been and are directing her away from me.  Throughout our relationship it was always apparent the power other's opinion had over her.  Then again, maybe this is just wishful thinking.   Anyways, if my intuition is correct then I believe the only thing I can do is to be absent, to give her the space and time to see this.  No one ever effected how I dealt with her.  If I had listened to my family, my friends, we wouldn't have made it 3 months, much less 4 years. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »
Love has strange dimensions we cannot fathom.

Tony