Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mountain Lion Dream  (Read 5744 times)

iteachpeace

• View Profile
Mountain Lion Dream
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »
Namaste,

I had a dream that I was renting a cottage in a town I had never been to.  I had not yet gotten the keys, but my husband and I were dancing on the porch of a large old home, then started chasing each other arounfd the lawn, laughing and playing tag. 

All of a sudden this little mountain lion cub ran up to me and started pawing at my legs and skirt.  I played with the cub for a minute, but he got more and more aggressive.  His paws and teeth cutting through my legs.  Our dog ran up between my husband and I and the cub started playing with the dog.  The next thing I knew, the mother mountain lion appeared almost out of nowhere and quietly put her jaws around our dog's neck.  The dog looked at me and I watched the life disappear from his eyes.  I was terrified and had nowhere to go.

My husband told me to walk to our cottage.  We stood in front of the door, which was still locked and the mountain lion just stared at me.  Slowly, I became a little less terrified of her, but we both just stood there looking at each other and the thought that she could kill me in a instant never left me.

I'm curious what this dream might mean.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Mountain Lion Dream
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »
Iteachpeace – Our dreams are all like computer games in which we may reach a point in the game where we – or our dog – are killed. And of course we can dream it again and again and we and our dog are okay and unhurt. But if we learn the skill of getting past that particular hazard, then we can move on without being killed. And of course our dream – game – is all about lessons we need to learn in life and relationships.

Wild animals have their own language and communications. Shaun Ellis who lived for a year in the wild with wolves, said that one wolf gripped his face but he stayed still, because that is a sign of surrender that is respected. So your dog being killed might not be the same and in the dream is saying, in the voice of the mountain lion, “I am here now, and am in the place of this dog”. Of course she could kill you in an instant in the game of your dream – unless you develop the skill to get past that point.

A dream image is simply a mask you use to describe a feeling or a realisation. So if you imagine yourself as the mountain lion you will get behind the mask and will feel your fear – that was diminishing.

So if you walked up to the lion – remember it is only a dream image, and not to be recommended in waking life - and if you do it again and again until you have tamed your lion/fear you will have developed the skill to meet your own wonderful wild self with all its strength, fierceness and majesty. You will have met yourself, and gained a great and new facet of the jewel you are.

Remember the meeting with the lion came about because you had found a new place to be and danced, a sure way to rouse your energy.

Tony

iteachpeace

• View Profile
Re: Mountain Lion Dream
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »
Thank you so much for your interpretation.  What a kind and generous gift you offer!  I did have a sense that perhaps I was both the dog and the mountain lion.  I will try to meet that mountain lion again.  Blessings to you.