Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of Ex-Girlfriend's Death  (Read 9860 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Dream of Ex-Girlfriend's Death
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
So, I woke up this morning after dreaming that my girlfriend had passed away.  I was with her mother and a couple of other people I didn't know.  In my mind I was in Florida visiting.  The dream was rather vague, plus I waited till this afternoon to write about it.  There were no details of her death, just that she had passed.  Her mother and I were looking at drawings.  She is a talented artist.  Anyways, she appeared in the drawing, but not as herself.  What I remember is the image of a cartoon-like flower appearing in the drawing and smiling and waiving.  Anyways, I recognized it as her.  I wasn't all that shaken upon waking.  In fact I was relieved, because the I woke up feeling the love we shared, feeling that connection and there was no crash from it or anything like that.  I still love her obviously and believe it will be sometime before I am able to move on.  And I'm ok with that.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream of Ex-Girlfriend's Death
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
Aristocrates – That sounds like a real step forward.

Something that came to me strongly recently while I explored my own dream was about relationships. What I wrote wasn’t directly for you, but I think it applies.

This is necessary because any relationship which you have been deeply involved in has not left you. You cannot escape it inside you. What you can do is to fully take her into you and feel the pain but realise it is now all inside you, and if you hold it out to the best in you it will gradually become a new and good part of you.

I see it as very similar to near death experiences, where a person lives there life and gradually only the best is left – and the best in them will be an asset that enlarges you as a person. This is why it says that you should honour your father and mother. It say this because they are so much a part of you, as this woman is, that if you do not sort it out until you find the best in them you will be left crippled. So it isn’t accepting their weakness but almost like digesting it, so what is healthy can be built into you, and what is not can be passed out.

I also wrote about digestion to today that links with it - When we digest, whether it is an idea, something we have read or learned, it has to be first surrendered to the life process. We can see this in our body – it is first chewed and swallowed, then broken down into parts and the useful stuff, the building stuff, can be taken into us and the rest is passed out. The important thing is that even if it is dead or living food, it is transformed into our own living being. If it has not been transformed it is like something dead inside us.
We transform it by giving it to the fire within us that burns as our life process. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »
Aristocrates,

What a lovely dream. In it, you seem to already have integrated into your own heart the wonderful love you have shared. You are acknowledging the relationship has changed, that the physical woman is gone, but the love and other relationships it brought into your life are still there. What a gentle reminder that everything changes, and yet, on some very deep and abiding level, love is holding us all together, whether we see it tangibly or not. I felt very peaceful reading this dream, and hope that it brings you some warmth and hope moving forward.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:19:53 AM »
Dakota,

Thank you so much for your kind words.