Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My own thoughts on what my dream might be telling me...  (Read 4789 times)

Zubaida

• View Profile
My own thoughts on what my dream might be telling me...
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
Hi Tony. I've posted my dream to you a couple of days ago as a comment on the website, but now I've been really trying to figure out what my dream is telling me, so I started analyzing it myself. I hope you can correct me if I'm doing it wrong.

In my dream, I had just given birth to a baby. I was naked holding my baby and alone with the midwife in the hospital room. The nakedness did not bother me at all, in fact, when i looked down at my body my breasts were beautiful, and i felt extremely beautiful and feminine. I was standing up and started to feed my baby. As the baby was feeding, I felt a painful but thrilling sensation in that breast and also in my womb.. The feeling was so real, like if I was awake and felt the pain/sensation.

Then my ex boyfriend called me and asked how the birth went. I don't think he was the father in the dream. I think it was only MY baby, since I was alone, without my family or the father. I was annoyed at him, my ex-boyfriend, because he was not there for the delivery, but only called instead.. But I was very serious and happy about my baby.

At the moment I’m going through some difficult things, and I’m very insecure about my future. I’m 22 years old and have always wanted to have a baby, but I’ve been waiting for the right time. Right now is not the right time, since everything in my life is unstabile, and I’m in doubt as to which way to choose in life. My ex and I are trying to figure out if we want to get back together, as we are still very much in love, but we both have trust issues.

My interpretation: The baby symbolises the baby in me. The part of me, that needs nurturing and taking care of. Since I Was 14 I've been very independant, trying to break away from my parents, because I feel they have failed me. All of those troubles I had in my teenage years have led me to all the problems I face today, I feel. I have had no rolemodel or guidance from a grown up in my teenage years, so I feel that I have gone through some things in life which I wish had never taken place. I feel like I have learned everything the hard way. So this baby symbolizes a new chapter of my life, as well as a part of me that needs nurturing. A good part of me.

The beautiful body I'm not sure of what means. Confidence?  ??? Also the pain or sensation in my womb, I don't understand that part either.

The part where I'm annoyed about my ex, I think illustrates that I felt he let me down again, since he was not there for me during the birth of my baby, which is an important event in my life. And it illustrates how I always feel alone in dealing with problems and emotions, as I don't feel anyone close to me understands me completely.

Am I putting too much into the dream? Is it "just" a dream? I don't dream much (or I don't remember my dreams that much).

Another thing I would like to ask you about is if you believe there are dreams that shows real events that are going to happen in life? Not that I think the dream I've mentioned is like a prophecy.

But sometimes I dream things, like short scenarios of everyday life. A conversation or a bus trip with some friends. And then after a while I've experienced that scene in my dream take place in real life. Untill now it has been unsignificant things in everyday life. Only once I dreamt that my dad started talking to me about a sensitive topic, which made us have an argument. A few weeks later he started a conversation with that topic exactly like he did in my dream. So I used the outcome of the dream (which was a fight between me and m dad) and got wiser, and responded in a different manner so we wouldn't have that fight, because I knew from my dream, that a diferent answer would result in an argument....

Sorry for the very long post  :-\

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My own thoughts on what my dream might be telling me...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
Zubaida – I love your explanations and the way you are looking at your dreams.

Yes the baby represents all that you have learned and summarised into a new you that needs to be cared for. It is vulnerable and needs care and attention, but usually such babies grown up quickly.

The beautiful body is a way dreams often show us an inner characteristic – that you are a beautiful woman – no matter what you think of yourself – and you should feel that feeling and let your body respond to it. The part about the strong feelings when you fed the baby are a normal response to breast feeding. It brings the womb back into shape and is also thrilling – more so as you continue feeding. It can become a wonderful experience. So your dream is showing you something true, and is a sort of thumbs up that the baby is important to you. And it is, as you say, your baby, born out of your essence and strength.

“Is it "just" a dream?” I believe that dreams are a half way meeting between our Core self, the part of us that grew us an now continues all the work of our body and mind, and our tiny little yet precious self. I often write to people saying that we ride upon an ancient creature, our body, which is an uninterrupted flow of Life from the beginning. And behind that is the Great Life that grew us from seeds.

So a dream is a part of that great river from the depths of our being. When we understand our dreams it doesn’t often produce an immediate effect, but it more like how we grow, little by little, until we can look back and see how we have travelled.

Yes, sometimes we do see what we call the future, but I like to think it is our Core self which exists beyond time, and so can advise us. This is especially so when we learn to really talk with Life by entering our dreams as described in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/

Your dream was a wonderful example of that.

As far as your ex is concerned, remember your beauty and let it shine out of you.

Tony