Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A dream of a Kriya yoga master  (Read 6259 times)

infinitevision

• View Profile
A dream of a Kriya yoga master
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
Here's a short dream I had a little while ago that I would appreciate any insights into -

I receive two books covered plain brown wrapping paper.  Upon opening the first one I see that it has some kind of transparent cover, in that I can see all the way through the entire book.

I open the front cover of this  book and can see through all the pages to the back, where there is a the visage of Sri Yukteswar, a great Kriya yogi, looking at me.

As a reference,  I practice Kriya meditation daily,  and have done Hatha for many years.  I am familiar with who Yukteswar is, but this is the first time I've dreamed of him.

Thank you!

NightOwl

• View Profile
Re: A dream of a Kriya yoga master
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »
Hi Infinitevision, I'm not an expert but I have had similar dream experiences throughout the years and I think he is actually communicating to you. I know that Sri Yukteswar is in a lineage of ascended beings of this planet, so I would definitely take that dream as a very good thing and know that someone is looking out for you. If I where you I would explore that dream as you might receive other messages that are connected. That's just my interpretation, however it could also mean that you are touching higher aspects of your self which also really extraordinary!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
I agree with Night Owl.

A look is a form of initiation into his influence in your life.

Tony

infinitevision

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »
Hi Tony and NightOwl,

Thank you very much for your insights.   
Whenever I have a dream like this I tend to feel that I'm missing a lot of what the dream is about because I am not aware enough in the dream.   
For example  in this dream I feel that it is a positive message, but I am not aware  aware enough within the dream to actually communicate with the person or to  follow the message to a deeper and clearer meaning at that time, as you suggest.   I certainly agree this would be good to do, and hopefully I will be able to this better.  At this point I always seem to be an observer instead of a participant!

Sincerely,
Infinitevision

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
InfiniteVision - Why not try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/ and begin to get under the surface of your dreams. And maybe also read http://dreamhawk.com/news/dream-yoga-2/

Just suggestions.

Tony
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:32:23 AM by Tony Crisp »

infinitevision

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:43:55 AM »
Thank you Tony,

I am studying the material you've recommended. 

One question I have is: how does one tell the difference between a dream figure (or person or experience) as a facet of oneself (which I'd assume is usually the case) as opposed to  an actual visitation from another being who is operating on a more subtle level of reality.
I am thinking that the techniques recommended in your material would apply in either case, yes?

Thank you!
Infinitevision

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
InfiniteVision - In a sense everything we meet is only a representation of the real thing. I try to explain this in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions/#SymbolDream

But some things/beings we meet are so obviously not just us dreaming about them. But language here is not the things to express these things, because at the level where such beings exist there is really no difference between them and us. But as with our impression of God, we are tempted to see everything as outside us and separate.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:57:46 AM by Tony Crisp »