Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream with lots of animals  (Read 5075 times)

warriorqueen

• View Profile
dream with lots of animals
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:11:58 AM »
I'm trying to learn what my deep self is wanting from me.  I am writing down my dreams each night, with varying degrees of remembrance.  Here's last night's:

I'm in a field, searching.  I'm climbing, stepping over stones that turn out to be the bodies of cows and sheep, sleeping.  I try not to wake them.  A tent is over me, so I am hidden, I begin to feel afraid of being caught here, as if I'm trespassing.  So I step on their bodies to get out, at the end there's a card for wrapping wool.  I rip the tent open and emerge on a plain.  I walk away, furtive-like, for having trespassed.  A young woman in a blue coat calls to me, tries to intercept me.  I run away from her and she follows.  I keep running away.  She runs into a rat which scares her and she runs off.  Another woman is calling me.  Miss, Miss, I can give you another cart.  My chest is heaving, I'm out of breath.

First I looked up field: "often with animals" (Ha!) representing dreamer's contact with what is natural in themselves...also freedom from social pressure, one's sense of oneself when away from other people, with one's natural inclinations.  Interesting in my dream, the animals are under a large tent, so hidden from the sun.

sheep--conforming self;  cow--female side of one's nature.  I think they were mostly cows, golden in color.  The plain was also golden.

young woman I thought of as the part of me that is blue (sad) and then "rat" is a part of self I see as negative.  The sad part of me is scared of a part of self she considers negative.  Then another part of me is trying to get my attention (miss, miss).  The "cart" which would be drawn by an animal has to do with some sort of "drive".  "out of breath" suggests to me how much energy I am exerting to run away?

Then I tried the keyword technique, but it's my first time, I didn't get much out of it though some words are very strong:

field-searching-climbing-stepping over-sheeps and cows sleeping-try not to wake-tent over-afraid of being caught here-tresspassing--step over sleeping bodies--rip the tent open-furtive for having trespassed--blue coat-intercept-run away-she follows--run away--runs into rat-runs off.woman calling me-I can give you another cart--out of breath.

Any help with understanding better would be much appreciated.

wq

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dream with lots of animals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
WarriorQueen – It is good to see you trying to get deeper into your dreams. Yes, and the Key Words are a good start, but I think you should have added questions to what you found. So to give you instance, you wrote “searching-climbing-stepping over-sheep and cows sleeping-try not to wake-tent over-afraid of being caught here-trespassing--step over sleeping bodies--rip the tent open-furtive for having trespassed--blue coat-intercept-run away-she follows--run away--runs into rat-runs off. Woman calling me-I can give you another cart--out of breath.” So you could have asked yourself – with a little thought – what have I been searching for? What animal – instincts – was I using to get where I wanted to go? What did you feel about trespassing on someone else's things they do not want anyone else to touch or be a part of? What is it that you have been hiding from and feeling furtive about?

If you could answer any of these it would give you a road to travel. If you string those together you could end up with your dream explained, such as in the example:

"I have lately become aware of the feeling that I am ill at ease with myself. This connects with my lack of confidence about how I feel when talking with other people. The strange thing is that I know how to help myself with this. I was talking with a friend the other day, and the advice I gave them about something similar really applies to me. What I need to do is to stop apologising for myself and positively use what I know will help. I can see from the dream that I have a lot to share with other people, so I don’t need to feel I am preaching." See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/key-words/

So my thoughts are that you are in your natural feeling, yet you are under cover, maybe you are not confident being yourself. In fact you are using your instincts as stepping stones – quite domesticated ones. Then you have the courage to break through the cover you were under and feel straight away that you do not have the right to be you, to be seen and acknowledged as the owner of this whole area – it your dream! You own it!

Then you run because of your own feelings of not being worthy. The cart is an offer to get things done. And you are out of breath because of the anxiety that led to running away – the anxiety about being caught for something you feel accused of.

Just thoughts strung together.

Tony

warriorqueen

• View Profile
Re: dream with lots of animals
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »
Thank You Tony.  I am continuing to work on this dream as per your suggestions, and to use this questioning with other dreams. 
WQ