Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Medicine Dream  (Read 10199 times)

Dakota

• View Profile
A New Medicine Dream
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
I awoke this morning from a beautiful medicine dream and I wanted to share the blessing.

I found myself outdoors at a rave or some sort of summer music festival. There were all kinds of people there, mostly younger, in colorful clothes and covered with tribal art and jewelry. I was alone, very content, full of a calm life-force as I wandered among the revelers. The midday sun was shining down warmly upon us and there was an air of freedom, safety and joy all around. I was drawn to some people dancing around a fire pit, and on the ground I saw a beautiful silver bird brooch of mine on the ground. Then I saw another piece of my jewelry, and another. I realized I had hidden my bag away while I was exploring and it occurred to me that it must have spilled open and my things fallen out. I began to look more intently for my beautiful silver jewels, but only found four of them and realized that everything else, including the bag was gone. It was a surprising realization, and yet, somehow, in that time and place not really troubling at all.

The scene shifted to later that same evening. I was in a small, outdoor amphitheater and a lecture was going on while people were milling about. It was still a rave scene and there were all kinds of beautiful, psychedelic visual effects happening up on the stage and all around on the side walls, though the theater was open aired. I realized the whole effect was inducing a trance state and it felt really good to collectively be linked emotionally. I spied a really gorgeous object shimmering an irredescent purple red blue pink and thought it some wondrous new stone I had never seen before. When I reached out to touch it, I realized it was man made, some kind of new synthetic plastic and I thought that was really interesting and funny. I left it and turned back to the stage where now a serious ceremony was being performed. Two Native American Medicine Men were on the stage saging and singing prayers in their mother tongue. They were wearing old traditional buckskins with green paintings on them. Their hair was raven blue/black, long and shiny falling in braids down their backs. I recognized the face of one, he looked like a kin of Chief Joseph, with a proud bearing and chiseled features.

All the while the young people were still grooving and milling about quietly though hardly reverently. I realized I was part of an amazing blessing of Elders, and saw that beside me was a Mexican American man my age who was completely fixated on the ceremony going on at the stage. Right then a young may, barely 20 fell into his lap, very high and happy. I think it was the man's son. The man held him gently and shared something about the ceremony going on and I realized that We are the Keepers of the Elders Traditions and we must pass them on to the new generations in ways they can hear and understand. The man and I shared the bond of choosing the path to be Loving Teachers, a bridge between the old and the new, this world and that.

And I awoke very grateful to the spirits that they share such a great blessing with me.

Aho!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A New Medicine Dream
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
Well Loved Dakota – You keep on having very clear and ordered dreams. But there is too much for me to comment on.

I feel the main thing is that you realise that you are an Elder, and a bridge between the old ways and the new. The old ways were always couched in symbols as in dreams. The new ways I hope will be taken out of symbols into clear language understandable by today’s people.

Tony GW – old, tired, GW

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Re: A New Medicine Dream
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
Well Loved Dakota – You keep on having very clear and ordered dreams. But there is too much for me to comment on.

I feel the main thing is that you realise that you are an Elder, and a bridge between the old ways and the new. The old ways were always couched in symbols as in dreams. The new ways I hope will be taken out of symbols into clear language understandable by today’s people.

Tony GW – old, tired, GW

A sweet, sweet dream, thank you for sharing, Dakota.  I feel so much compassion and care in what you share.

Tony, your comment tickled me because of a dream I had the night before last.
A friend of mine was standing before me, and she tells me very directly that she is representing an aspect of myself that is Very Angry with me.  I ask, "Does something hurt?  Do you need a hug?" and we hug.
Next scene, we are driving in a car, and the same friend says, "She is Very Angry with you, and would shoot you alive if she could.  And she loves you."
I say, "I respect that.  And tell her I love her back," my friend chuckles at this.
There was still some symbolism, (driving through a flooded area, then out of it and around the flood), but otherwise, I think that is as direct and straightforward as I can imagine. 
It was too funny to have the dream character tell me straight out what she represents without actually acting out anger towards me.

So...it's happening, at least here in my lens.  My friend, on the other hand, was run over by a fuel truck driven by an angry woman in his dream on the same night..but he loves drama so I think he liked it  ::)