Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LifeStream and Effects On Communication  (Read 7699 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
LifeStream and Effects On Communication
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »
I find that the area in my life in which I feel I have the most difficulty is in my ability to communicate with others.  I have a rather weak and low voice and have been told I don't have much inflection.  I don't believe I was always this way.  I know as a child I was often told to tone it down.  I was definitely heard then. 

It's of my personal belief that those with strong voices or attractive voices have great advantages in life.  They attract the girl, land the job, have lots of intriguing conversations...  I'm just curious if LifeStream is something that could help me unlock that golden voice hidden within.  I feel there are a number of factors contributing to this.  I'd imagine the main factors to be levels of confidence, comfort and security.  The times when I've been able to hold people's attention the most have been when I was either high or sleep deprived....

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: LifeStream and Effects On Communication
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »
Aristocrates – Well LifeStream could possibly help because it works you over pretty well, exercising every part of you. So I suggest you try the following first – and give yourself time. http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-arm-circling-meditation/

I would also suggest exercising the voice directly by using the following:

In this exercise we explore the use of sound. To make different sounds we need to move not only our throat, but also our trunk and even limbs in different ways. Sounds also evoke feelings and move or exercise them. Just as many of us do not move our body outside of certain restricted and habitual gestures and actions, so also our range of sounds may be quite small. So for several minutes explore making sounds. Start by taking a full breath and letting it out noisily with an AHHHH sound. Do this until you feel it resonating in your body and change to a strong EEEEEEEEEEE sound. Then try MMMMMMMAAAAAA.

If you are doing this exercise for the first time, that is sufficient for one session. As your sound production improves though, and you begin to enjoy it, explore making all sorts of happy sounds; different sorts of laughter, proud, childish, funny, etc.; angry noises; animal and bird noises; sensual sounds; the sound of crying or sobbing; natural sounds such as wind, water, earthquakes; make the sounds of different languages and different situations such as a warriors chant, a mothers lullaby (without real words, just evocative sounds), a lover’s song, a hymn to Life, or even sounds about birth and death; and just plain nonsense noises. Don’t attempt to explore all these different types of sound at one session. Just choose one and explore it until you can feel yourself limbering up in it and getting past restricting feelings such as shyness or feeling stupid. Those are the walls of restriction.

Tony