Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meeting self  (Read 4446 times)

Mooky

• View Profile
Meeting self
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »
I had an interesting dream last night.  I was out for a walk near my home.  I was just a few houses away from making it back when I encountered a kid who was about 5 or 6 years old.  The kid said, "Hi... my name is (and the kid said my name) John."  I replied, "Hi.... my name is John too."  He said "No way!" and I said "Yep" and we high-fived each other.  I started to say that I live right there, pointing to where my house should have been but it was not visible.  Some other house that I did not recognize was in the way.  This is where the dream ended as I struggled to understand why I couldn't see my house.

Did I just meet my inner child? I cannot say 100% that it was me as a kid.  Is meeting yourself in a dream significant?

Mooky 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Meeting self
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »
Mookey – I cannot remember meeting myself/yourself so clearly in a dream, but of course nearly every child we dream of is a meeting with our child self. That is because we tend to project onto another image, partly because our child has a lot of feelings that are difficult for many adults to meet. You must be on good terms with your childhood to see him so clearly – although he was disguised as someone else.

Here is an example – “Had a nightmare after yesterday session on the Big Man dream. I had seen so much during the session, to do with dreams and death. I was by myself, with a young boy, in a rather stark, lonely house. I called it Bleak House. There was something like a monster about. While I was in a small room with my boy the “thing” came and tried to get in the door. I was so terrified I put my back against the wall and pushed the door tight with my feet. My terror was so great though, I felt paralysed and weak, but I just managed to hold the door closed. The fear was awful though, and I tried to call for help, but at first no sound came out. Then a strangled cry emerged, and eventually I screamed out for help. This woke Hyone, who woke me.”

When I explored the dream I found that the ‘monster’ was Life itself trying to get in. The child was me at that age terrified of the bombing that was taking place in my childhood. Because I identified with the child I felt his fear. As soon as I understood the dream any fear I had was gone, and I could assure my child self that the bombing was not happening at the moment, and if it did I would get him out of there into a shelter. It was okay to let Life in.

We often block the most important parts of us - the action of the life giving forces in us through trauma and fear. So exploring this dream was a real healing. It is helpful to read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:14:16 AM by Tony Crisp »