Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RECURING NIGHTMARE FOR 7YRS...  (Read 7636 times)

fluffymarshmellows

• live your life and f*ck the haters!!!! xx mwa
    • View Profile
RECURING NIGHTMARE FOR 7YRS...
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »
so ive had this recuring dream for 7yrs now, it all starts with that atmosphere( the part in the halloween movies wher the music comes on) im walking bk from a friends house. it sudenly turns black as in midnight. streets empty, near my house and this big black van apears without a driver( strange i no) and its chasing me untill i fall, n i wake as im draged kicking and screaming into the bk... weird ino, but anyone got any ideas? :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: RECURING NIGHTMARE FOR 7YRS...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
FluffyMarshmellows – Recurring dreams are important because they are trying to present a problem that needs attention.

One woman wrote to me, who was 40, that she dreamt the same dream from childhood. She was walking past railings in the town she lived in as a child. She always woke in dread and perspiration from this dream. At forty she told her sister about it. The response was, ‘Oh, that’s simple. Don’t you remember that when you were about four we were walking past those railings and we were set on by a bunch of boys”. Then I said to them, ‘Don’t hurt us our mother’s dead!’ They left us alone, but you should have seen the look on your face.’ After realising the dread was connected with the threatened loss of her mother, the dream never recurred.

Forget the images of your dream, drop them away, and see what feelings are left. Probably something about having been pushed into something you didn’t want. I had two experiences of this which affected me for years. I managed to get to the root of one of them. It was being forced to have an anaesthetic against my will, and I felt I was dying and was fighting it. Meanwhile the nurse was saying – like a hypnotic suggestion – “Don’t do that”. It meant to me as a nine year old, do not fight for your life. Because I felt I was dying during the anaesthetic, the sense of death equated with pain and people hurting one. At the time of the anaesthetic my conscious identity had been plunged with awareness deep into the unconscious. The loss of shape or senses was felt to be death. So a conditioned reflex had been set. I had fought desperately with the nurses - for my life. The conditioned reflex was or is that when I get to the point of consciously entering the unconscious, my frantic screaming and struggling for life is triggered.

These are simply an example of what lies hidden under a bad dream. One was very mild and the other was complicated. I would suggest you use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/ to see if you can release any feelings connected with your dreams. It helps if you can do it with a friend you can trust.

Tony