Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I dreamt a dog bit me on my arm and I felt it.  (Read 7006 times)

Albert

• View Profile
I dreamt a dog bit me on my arm and I felt it.
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
Hi there;
I had a dream a couple nights ago and I am trying to do a self interprtation but cannot come up with a resonable explanation. Here it is.

I was in my home, walked downstairs to see my grandaughter standing at the bottom looking into the living room.
As per custom I proceeded to muss up her hair alittle  when Jag ( dog ) who was standing by her side growled at me.
I was shocked to say the least, I knealed down to see what was wrong and went to give him a ear rub when he bit my arm. He held fast, not hard, I was confused and try to comfort him when he bit harder, I felt the bite and was so shocked and amazed that I couldn't comprehend it. I then woke up.

Now, an explantion, the dog Jag, is my ex-wife's sons dog. He is a lovable dog. He is a cross between a German Sheppard and Labrador.  He is very lovable, playful and I did not mind that he was here. I would even take him in my truck wherever I went......he was with me most of the time. The only thing I chastised him for was getting up on the couches.

Jag has not been here in the house for almost 5 years now, my ex-wife left over 4 years ago.

I do love the bigger dogs over small dogs though.

I am currently involved in a long distant relationship right now which is going rather well.
Hope you can shed some light on this.
Thank-you
Albert
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:03:01 AM by Albert »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I dreamt a dog bit me on my arm and I felt it.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:12:19 AM »
Albert – An aggressive dog is usually a sign that something has upset you, but you may not be seeing it clearly, so you dream it instead.

The dog obviously has association with your ex wife, and when you showed affection for your granddaughter the dog was there and when you showed further affection bit you. So I need to ask you whether there were difficult feelings about the break up. If so it seems that those difficult feelings are still working in you unconsciously; enough to make it difficult to act decisively – the bitten arm.

In regard to the new relationship, this dream isn’t in any way negating that, it just says be aware of the underlying feelings.

Tony