Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hearing Voices in My Dreams and Colors of People, Clothes and Skin  (Read 5786 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Two general questions.

I sometimes hear voices in my dream.  For example the night before last it was "do not use any motors today" and since I was feeling self destructive I decided to stay home for the day and not go out at all. 

Last night I heard "Be a shepherd"  which was odd.  However, tonight I went out to put gas in the car around midnight and there was what seemed to be a young boy sitting in the corner of the parking lot.  I put down the passenger side window and asked if he was lost and he replied "thank you, can I sit in the back?"  He must have thought I was a taxi driver...he reeked of alcohol and said he had been at a downtown bar and had been walking looking for his dorm.  he was about 3 miles from downtown and 4 from the dorm...so I did drive him home.

Anyway, the voices usually make sense.  Sometimes though they say things that are a little frightening...like "please pack" and "you don't understand they will be following you for a long time."  Sometimes I do not dream, I might only hear a voice in my sleep or see a vision (which I have posted before).

Is there any significance to hearing my own voice talk to me as compared to someone else's?

An odd thing with most of my dreams is that people, their clothes and skins are all black or all white.  Sometimes I see myself or someone else as all gold.  What might you make of the different colors?

Thanks Tony!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hearing Voices in My Dreams and Colors of People, Clothes and Skin
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
Christine – Thank you for your really interesting questions.

If you realise that all the characters in your dreams from devils to angels are you - I mean that as we dive further into ourselves the sense of difference decreases so ultimately we are all characters. So your voices can come from any aspect of you. So I have different voices. One of the main one doesn’t come from a recognisable character, but from everywhere around me or from behind me. That is very powerful ad seems to me to be from a source that gives amazing insights.

But it is a good thing to question the voices if they are unclear or are unsettling. You can ask as many questions as you like and our unconscious has wonderful ways of making things clear.

I realise that such voices are often thought to be a sign of madness. But that is only from a disturbed mind. A recent survey found that many people hear voices and find them helpful. The main thing is not to believe anything but have a discriminating mind.

The unconscious often has an old fashioned way of using language. You example of the shepherd is an excellent example, and a wonderful thing that you took notice of it. The one about packing might be one that you should have questioned. There is no harm in asking questions. If you read the life story of Edgar Cayce that was all he did, answering people’s questions about their illness, their life, their talents and so on. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/

So you could really develop the ability to ask questions – while awake – of things you need information about. I have a character I call Angel who I ask questions about things people ask me that I have no conscious awareness of, and the answers are sometimes startling correct. But you do need discrimination.

Being all gold is a good sign. Maybe some people lead a black and white life. Nearly all my dreams lack any sense of colour. Colour only becomes marked when it is important – in my dreams.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »
Thank you Tony...I think it will be very helpful to me to ask questions and be more discriminating.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
Christine - Let me know of any developments.

Tony