Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Any interpreations

First Interpreation
0 (0%)
Second Interpreation
0 (0%)
Different Interpretation
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Getting near top of slope then being pulled down  (Read 7757 times)

Niall

• View Profile
Getting near top of slope then being pulled down
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »
Just woke up after having a dream. In the dream it felt at the start as if I was on a boat with many other people and we were approaching a dock or terminal. On approach to the terminal I could see that the way out was a steep uprising from where we would land. And as we got off the boat the slope had no steps, just ropes and was covered in an icy or slippery veneer. I grabbed a rope on the right hand side of the slope like the other people but there were only a couple of ropes so there were many people ahead of me on my rope, and during the climb every so often either someone further ahead would slip and start to pull anyone one behind them back down slightly or I would do the same in a two steps forward one step back fashion.  After what seemed a bit of a struggle and a few instances of the two steps forward one step back advance, I was near the top when an older woman who I felt I'd never met before and who my mind made me feel was in her mid-late fifties slipped and instead of what ussually happened where everyone would brace themselves and slip a few feet then start again, she simply started to slide down towards me and knock me down the hill with her, me still somehow upright, her flat on the slope. I vividly remember an apology and me as usual in real life saying somthing innocuos like its alright, although actually being rather annoyed. I then turned around to join the rope again but it seemed crowded so I looked to the left hand side of the hill for another rope, I cant remember vividly but I feel as if there was no rope, just people climbing on their own. Then I awoke

Not sure what this pertains too myself, it could be getting a girlfriend after not having one for a long time, then the relationship ending just at the start, or possibly the fact that a few months ago I finished an apprenticeship and I've now got a great job with lots of money but im still not satisfied, but I'm new to this so I'll leave it in the capable hands of the forum.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Getting near top of slope then being pulled down
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
Niall – The scene starts with you in a joint activity of some sort, definitely not an individual relationship. Then you face the difficult task of climbing, again in company with others.
But the lady who falls and bring you down to earth could relate to a relationship that failed – and also the joint venture to the apprenticeship.

The difficult climb shows you doing something that test you, and like life, is two forward and one back. It also indicates personal growth through learning something – a life skill. And then the climb up the bare cliff is a massive change of attitude. Whereas the rope represented a difficult task, but one already laid out for you, the climb by yourself is about taking your own initiative, and finding a way to climb through your own abilities and observation.

Tony