Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: caves and mountain men  (Read 4547 times)

warriorqueen

• View Profile
caves and mountain men
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »
I'm exploring an undersea village.  It's a series of caves.  I stumble into an area where someone lives.  She shows me a big room, a cave where many go to shelter from the rain/bad weather.  I got to this place by bicycle, riding fast with a joyful young man.  We went there together.  The woman who lives there also has a kitchen.  She is a very mothering type --she is so loving I just want to bask in it and stay in her kitchen forever.  She tells me of her people, and the love and affection in her voice are so strong.  She goes to the sink to do something and while I'm sitting there I have a felt experience of love, very powerful.  I experience deep, filial family care in this place. 

At some point, the grandmere of this mother garbs the young man.  It seems to be a gift.  A wristband made of fur pelts that hangs off his hand and then rolls back over it, to cover and protect it.  This act, which seems ritualistic (I am reminded of Esau writing it now) takes place in the room of protection from the rain, in a place where many people could safely hide and not get wet or injured in case of attack. 

At one point I'm afraid I'm getting lost.  I'm going into a new room in the cave of wonders, but it is a place where I'e been.  I'm too afraid to cross a big log, because it is high off the ground and I'm afraid I'll fall.  So I step down into the streamed rocks beside it.  I'm slipping, and two people are suddenly there.  I'm surprised because I'm there alone.  They show me the way back.  Also, at some point in the dream I'm fluent in their language, which sounds Italian.

Then I fall back asleep, and have snatches of images.  A guy on a bike with a snow/surfboard, who is meeting someone but gets taken to a place with water and he is murdered by having his head bashed against the rocks.  Then I'm with these other men, on a patio high up in the alps.  It's a beautiful place surrounded by mountains.  A famous actor I like b/c he is an artist (poet, photographer) who keeps away from the press is there, and I ask him his favorite mountain, that I'm thinking of going to Verscanza.  He says :speak of the devil, you can ask him now!" and a man arrives, bearded.  I realize I know and love him.  He's a mountain man.  Behind him are a young asian woman and child.  His?  I am dismayed.  I want him.  Minutes later I go over to him and we kiss.  He says, mind to mind, something like "You don't know the craziest things I've done"--he's chuckling.  We keep kissing.  His hair and beard are reddish.  I wake up happy.

I'm just starting to work on this dream--it seems that no sooner than I get a bit deeper into one dream, then I have another one (in this case 2!).  The most astounding thing to me is the idea that all of these represent myself, because when I'm kissing someone in the dream, for example, I feel the deep nourishment that comes from doing that--even though it is happening in my mind.  Or, when I have the experience of filial/family love, well, that's not something I actually have experienced, and so I wonder if actually there are certain things that give a person what is lacking in their external life.  Or is that just another word for wishful thinking!

The dreams seem positive, or encouraging at any rate, in terms of where I am right now.  Clearly the caves are my unconscious.  I like the bicycles in the dreams.  And the part with the fur pelts, it's been on my mind a lot, I have a deep longing for a time when the furs of animals were seen as sacred, and were worn as a sort of totem.   And I am actually a twin, so I wonder if it was some reference to that scene in the old testament, except here it is Esau, wild man, himself getting his fur, rather than Jacob fooling his father.

In dream #2, I wonder if the sinking feeling I had, seeing "my man" with another woman and child, simply represents my thinking I can't have what I want?

Any thoughts, appreciated.

I will keep working on images and questions.

WQ

any thoughts, anyone.

I

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: caves and mountain men
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
WarriorQueen – It seems you have become like Tom in the Water Babies and met the Great Mother who cares a love all – for we are all her family once we have our faces washed and are clean.

But then from the depths you went to the heights and met the Great Man who you loved and kissed.

Our conscious personality is only a small lost thing, and so touching the many things you are seems like meeting strangers or wonderful otherness. So you have done a massive journey from the entrance to the depths, to the entrance to the heights. And on the way you met death.

The sinking feeling was the hold the old views of love have on you. Remember Blake’s words, “He who clings to himself a joy, doth the winged life destroy. He who kisses as it flies, lives in eternity’s sunrise.”

Keep on keeping on.

Tony

warriorqueen

• View Profile
Re: caves and mountain men
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:06:16 AM »
thanks so much Tony-
Nice to have Blake quoted in relation--since there was quite a sense of ecstasy, freedom and the sublime in the dream, as in his poem.  I think I'd like to work with the image of the man gifted with fur.
WQ