Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Astrology, Birth Charts and Moon Signs  (Read 8948 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Astrology, Birth Charts and Moon Signs
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:42:01 AM »
For the past several months I've found myself looking to Astrology as a source of enlightenment and inspiration.  I don't think I've quite gotten the big picture yet.  Either way, it's interesting to look at one's birth chart.  What fascinates me is the complexity of it.  You have the houses, the signs, and the planets and their relationships with one another to account for when examining a birth chart.  One thing that is particularly interesting to me is the relationship that is said to exist between our sun sign and moon sign.  It is said that the sun has to do with our conscious selves while the moon has to do with our subconscious.  It should be obvious why I would mention that on this forum.  I am curious to find out what other members moon signs are.  My moon sign is Scorpio.  Also, an element (earth, wind, fire, water) corresponds to each sign.  Scorpio is a water sign and the water signs (Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio) are thought to deal more with the subconscious than the other elements/signs.  I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern among members here for having this sort of astrological arrangement?  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:51:28 AM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Astrology, Birth Charts and Moon Signs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
I too have pondered and struggled, and have had several insights. Two occurred while I was working in a hotel. One of the waitresses walked past, and just as I looked up at her it was as if a camera shutter had opened and closed, just given me a glimpse. I saw that every part of her body and her person was formed by a massive force which we call Taurus. Then later on another day I looked up at a guy kissing his girlfriend and saw another force acting on him that is called Aries. I could see the sheep shape in his face. Unfortunately these things happen and go, because I really wanted to see the whole  picture and not just snapshots. I later checked if the impressions were correct. The woman was in fact a Taurian, and a man was an Arian.

This is going to be long because it is very important.

Much later I started to explore the star figures, the star signs in fact, and imagined myself as one of them. Very quickly I slipped into a feeling state, or a state of mind, that I can see I have gradually developed over many years. It is the state of mind of just being, of existing without striving or disturbance. It comes to me very easily now. But because the figure is a star figure I gradually came to feel or sense, in fact to experience it has a huge archetype. I felt this to be patterns already existing in the cosmos in some way. These patterns have already been laid down by previous life forms, by previously long and extended periods of life prior to the human species. We inherit the possibilities because they are the marked deeply into the environment in which we live. They are part of the substratum of life in some way. I realised as I experience this that it is what I glimpsed all those years ago regarding astrology.

Very quickly I became aware of meeting actual beings. I knew in a direct sort of way that these beings were the very substance and processes of our universe. Literally, the air we breathe, the water we drink is a part of their being. I was reminded of the statement in Genesis which says, God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

All of these are within our own being through the process of our own evolution. Instead of looking around and recognising our place in the scheme of things, we make of ourselves little castles, little guarded citadels cut off from life. We create small defended territories from which we grab everything we can. What do we give back?

Here I felt great love for the beings that had announced themselves in my dreams as the star figures. I recognise that I had met one of these beings many years ago in Australia when I confronted one of them. I saw that modern day astrology is a real sham. It doesn’t help us to connect with this underlying harmony and find our place in the cosmic scheme of things. It has become a type of fortune telling, a parade, and entertainment. So often it is advertised in connection with your “love stars” - a sort of erotic titillation. It’s true nature is far beyond that. It is a story in symbols of our emergence from these great beings, and a statement of the part they play in the changes and processes of life on earth and social events. Only a person with real spiritual insight could really tell you what the stars meant in your individual life.

So now I stood before the star beings and asked about a question that troubled me. I said that it was a stumbling block in my acceptance of the validity of my inner world. Why didn’t healing take place when I had sought it? I stood before the Being admitting my mistake, yet there was no change.

The response I got to my question of why didn’t I received healing was quite strange. I was led to understand that the person one is, the situation you are in life, your state of mind, are all a part of your ability to receive. But the way I saw it was more like where you are standing might be the wrong spot. You have to be standing where the lightning will strike, and that is quite mysterious. Some people always seem to be standing on that spot. So it was quite funny to think that it we are all standing about waiting to receive and wham, the lightning strikes, but you’re standing in the wrong place. Wow!

The explanation continued by saying that this doesn’t mean to say you can't receive, but you will have to work a lot harder for it. Some are blessed and some aren’t. So I wondered how a person could become more blessed. I ask because it’s funny thing that the wisdom of the ages might be that, “Hey, you are standing on the wrong spot. This is a rule of the house. You’ve got to be standing in the right place.”

Then I wondered what my mistake was that had caused my prostate condition. The response was that I already knew the answer to that, as I had explored it in connection with my own sexual misery throughout my lifetime. The mistake was in not accepting that love does not belong to us, and trying to control it in myself, my family, and those around me.

I now went into a very deep part of the experience, and life seem to be flooding through me in the most wonderful way. I sensed that “Amazing Grace” was filling my being. I knew that this Grace had touched me in my relationship with J, and it had entered her too. I sensed that the work I now appear to do, things that I create, would have that Grace in them. The same applied to J - what she created will have Grace in.

Tony

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:49:51 PM by Tony Crisp »